A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Project Manager to take full control over the execution, finance, and operations of projects and to drive excellence in all aspects of project delivery. Applicants invited from all industries with PM Certification (e.g PMI, Six Sigma..), proven PM experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related fields combined, with the ability to analysis and solve complex business situation. Experience of project managing software development or technology deployment preferred but not essential. The ability to drive excellence across all project delivery is key!
The Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. Their consulting services integrate expertise and processes with their advanced technologies to optimise real-time workflows and provide robust information management solutions.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction based software and much more. The oil operators and service industry has embraced this new digital age and realised dramatic efficiencies and reduced operating costs. The drive for continued digital transformation continues to strengthen.
Supported by global offices, the Company has been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling the upstream oil and gas industry to turn critical information into useful knowledge.
They have a strong presence in the Middle East for many decades with many regional offices established. Their Saudi office has a strong management team, technologists and business personnel. However, with increased enquires for their solutions, they are now focused on staffing up across all their business sectors and this is just one of many positions required to support potential growth.
Reporting to the Services Manager Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company’s technologies, processes and services.
- Build good working relationships with your peers.
- Build good working relations with your Client base – understand their drivers, challenges and constraints…
- Help understand client behavior across and within different content areas.
- Work extensively with the Account Team, Technical Consultants and Support Departments such as HR and procurement to have full control over the execution, finance, and operations of the projects to help the business to grow.
- Focus on driving excellence across the Saudi Arabia Service Quality (SQ) and HSE processes.
- Define and delivery reporting operation data, customer satisfaction, and technical performance metrics.
- Work closely with technical teams and account managers to integrate this data into development schedules.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Be accountable for projects profitability and forecasting as well as team utilization.
- Develop, implement, and automate projects SQ processes
- Derive insights from customer feedback and usage data and provide input into new businesses.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the specific projects including logistics, scheduling, resource/equipment planning, staffing, and work directly in the field.
- Communicate, track and respond to business requests from both the client and company stakeholders.
- Address any customer service or technical questions
- Keep abreast of trending PM methodologies, impact etc.
- Be proactive in driving excellence across all project delivery - raising the awareness and reputation of the Company’s high level stats on project delivery.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fluent in English, Arabic is very welcome
- Degree essential – preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management Certification (for example PMI, Six Sigma or an MBA) essential
- Min 5 years’ experience in project management roles essential.
- Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization essential.
- Experience managing projects involving 10-50+ people desired.
- Relevant work experience with multidisciplinary, multicultural, multi-countries projects highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, design, finance, and operations desired.
- Relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related field essential
- Experience managing software development or deployment projects highly desired.
- Oil&Gas industry exposure/experience highly desired – especially with regards to project management.
- Experience using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports essential.
- Proven successful communication of analytical outcomes essential - ability to communicate across business and technical teams is key.
- An understanding of the concepts of Digital Transformation and fourth industrial revolution (IR4) highly desired.
- Experience working with CRM and ERP type solutions desired.
- An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and engage with all stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Influential and experienced negotiator and decision maker.
- Ability to perform under pressure and to deliver results.
Package:Based on skills and experience, an attractive Base Salary plus Bonus and Company Benefits.
Other:The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
To apply for this job:
1)Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2)Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.