We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under supervision applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes and new development. Assists in preparing component specifications, follows work processes to document designs, and prepares materials for design reviews. Under minimal supervision, uses engineering tools to document calculations and compare the results in controlled databases. Identifies the testing objectives at a component level in accordance with Halliburton’s Health, Safety, and Environment procedures and evaluates test results. Collaborates with mentors to understand the basic content required to submit an invention disclosure, and recognizes ideas that have IP potential without disclosing confidential information. Works effectively as a team member by communicating clearly and efficiently to provide innovative solutions. Takes the initiative to go beyond what situations require and focuses on attention to detail by making sure that work is done correctly, completely, and to the highest standards. Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
• Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 7+ years of experience.
• Proficient in mechanical parts design, taking interfaces, materials selection and performance envelope in consideration. Understanding how to go from basic principles to finished prototypes. Able to perform mechanical and structural calculations and estimate effects of pressure and temperature in the design. Understanding of Threads and tubular interfaces.
• Solid knowledge in CAD tools and able to perform 3D Modelling in SolidWorks. Capability to create and understand drawings (GD&T). Familiar with Check-lay-outs and assembly techniques for tubular products.
• Proficient in writing in English and Portuguese technical documentation, including but not limited to test procedures, specifications and other required documents based on project requirements. Design review skills, able to present the technical challenges of a project.
• Fundamentals of seals and valves. Exposure to electro-mechanics and sensors integrations to mechanical designs
• Liaising with customers regarding the initial scope of requirements and feasibility work, product development, design reviews, project milestones, and reliability expectations.
• Desired to have understanding and exposure to ISO and API standards and experience in validating products under those standards.
• Practiced in taking design projects from concept, through prototyping and manufacture to final production.
Rua Paulo Emidio Barbosa 485 Q, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 291941, Brazil
Requisition Number: 144276
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
- 3d Model
- Attention To Detail