We are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where we believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. Diversity drives innovation and we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do.
For the Analytical Science department in our European Technology Center in Brussels, we are looking for lab technicians. Our Technology Center defines state-of-the-art analytical capabilities to advance research in support for business throughout ExxonMobil. The department is composed of eight laboratories. Elemental Analysis, Gas Chromatography, Infrared spectroscopy, Liquid Chromatography, Microscopy, NMR, Rheology and Thermal analysis.
Your job role responsibilities
We have vacancies the Microscopy, Vibrational Spectroscopy and Gas Chromatography laboratory. Based on your qualifications and business needs, work responsibilities in other laboratories are possible.
As a Lab Technician you ensure safe lab operations and quality of results and reporting on a daily basis. You are involved in R&D activities supporting existing and future businesses of ExxonMobil Chemical (Recycling, next generation feeds, advanced materials…) and receive technical guidance from our PhD scientists.
For this role we are looking for candidates with :
- Be trained in a variety sample preparation and analysis techniques.
- Perform testing and analyze data.
- Analyze polymers, fluids, gases.
- Contribute to the development of new analytical techniques.
- Collate and report data in a meaningful manner for internal requestors.
- Work with other experienced technicians from other analytical science laboratories.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Professional Bachelor in chemistry or biology, freshly graduated or with less than 2 years of experience
- Basic working knowledge in the area of analytical testing.
- Interest in teamwork (at laboratory, department and technology center level).
- Good level of spoken and written English.
- Developed analytical mind.
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency is a must, additional IT skills would be appreciated (e.g. programing, data analysis software).
- General interest in applied research, developing technical knowledge, operation and maintenances of analytical equipment Preferred Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, diverse and inclusive environment
This awaits you…
A wide range of benefits including competitive pay, team mates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles in an international setting. Your development never stops.
Interested to join us? Then apply now!
- Elemental Analysis
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- Gas Chromatography