Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Delivery
Reports to: Director Project Delivery
Direct Reports: n/a
Indirect Reports: Site Construction Manager, Project Controller
Location: Madison, WI (preferred), Seattle, WA (acceptable)
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Pay: Regular Employee or Contractor
We are a solar energy developer, owner and operator. OneEnergy delivers economically viable and consistently clean solar sites across diverse US solar energy markets. Our passion for solar power generation and energy storage projects drive us to excel each day.
Our hiring philosophy includes the conviction that diverse backgrounds bring great value. As a team, we harness our optimistic entrepreneurial spirit and foster camaraderie every day. This is what has grown OneEnergy into a remarkable company and a unique solar industry leader.
OneEnergy Renewables is seeking a Project Manager for our upcoming PV Solar construction projects in North America. The Project Manager will directly report to the Director Project Delivery. This position will have the overall responsibility for the execution of projects, starting with the engineering and procurement phase and leading up to commercial operation. The Project Manager may have a team of project support functions including a site construction manager to support them in the execution of the work.
- Manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and resources. The role works cohesively and collaboratively across companywide functional teams including development, engineering, accounting, and legal.
- Lead EPC procurement effort from preparation of technical exhibits to negotiations of the EPC contract and award. Review construction requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed, on time and within budget for each project.
- Lead or support general equipment procurement including negotiation of price and contract terms.
- Interview and screen potential subcontractors, vendors, and material suppliers per OneEnergy standards giving special attention to safety, value, and quality. Develop and execute strategy for all subcontractor and consultant procurement. Identify qualified contractors and subcontractors and consultants. Identify and solicit contracting partners, hold pre-bid meetings, and training sessions.
- Overall responsibility to manage and administer all aspects of the EPC, material and equipment supply contracts. Pro-actively manage relationship with contractor as representative of owner and execute all contractual requirements towards achieving substantial and final completion of the project in accordance with the safety, quality, schedule, reporting, and other contractual requirements.
- Ensure OneEnergy Renewables and subcontractors’ compliance with all permits and laws, and mitigation measures on the project. Maintain high level contact with permitting officials. Provide input/ insight on the permitting with focus on the construction related permits, but also providing support and guidance on the non-discretionary permits.
- Develop, maintain and ensure consistent best practices for jobsite safety, quality, and subcontractor management.
- Provide steady and reliable communication while also managing complicated schedules, budgets, contractors, people, risks, and other resources.
- Manage overall project budget and expenses for delivering profit margins at or above expectations. Take full responsibility for accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of safety and quality assurance plans, by all personnel, subcontractors, authorities per HSE and QAQC plan for the projects.
- Assist in the negotiations and execution of interconnection agreements and power purchase agreements. Coordinate with the electrical transmission authorities and other interconnection parties and manage the execution of the work to successfully achieve interconnection with the grid and meet the requirement of the agreements.
- Create and foster continuous improvement between internal teams, utilizing tools and following company process where directed.
- Represent OneEnergy Renewables and establish relationships for the matters related to the Project with Authorities, Regulatory Agencies, and other professional organizations in coordination with OneEnergy Renewables’ Executives.
- Engage with the various project stakeholders as OneEnergy’s primary contact for the project duration.
- Lead weekly and/or monthly project management meetings to effectively communicate project progress and expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Provide hands-on leadership with cost estimates and delivery strategy for future projects.
- Report to management regularly on the progress of the Project (Monthly Report, Weekly Updates, etc.) and inform stakeholders at the functional level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of success in project management in renewable energy or related field.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and organizational capacity to manage multiple projects.
- A proven ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and self -starter, with proven ability to take ownership, initiative, and accountability.
- Experience with Substations and Interconnection requirements.
- Experience with EPC contracts from ground up.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage competing priorities often across functional and operational lines.
- Ability to contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees.
- Position requires frequent travel, up to 1-2 weeks per month or about 25-30% of working time.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of engineering, construction and/or technical project management experience.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Solar engineering or construction experience preferred, but not required.
- A recent history of successfully building trust and respect in a symbiotic relationship.
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Tangible experience managing projects to achieve positive cash flow. Understanding of financial models and management of budgeting cash flow. Experience with Sage accounting or other accounting / project management software system is preferred.
- The proven ability to create and manage schedule and budget to required margins.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organizational skills resulting in the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects at various stages of delivery.
- Must possess strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Must have excellent PC computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows, as well as project scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera.
- Must have a “roll up your sleeves and let’s get the job done right” type attitude.
OneEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that respects and values distinct cultures, experiences, perspectives and unique identities. One Energy strives to create a work environment that fosters our core values of respect and integrity in our workplace and the communities where we work.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Cash Management