Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (with a focus on Site/Civil Design), or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 months- 6 years of demonstrated site development experience including site layout, grading, sewer and other utility design, pavement design, permitting, budgeting, jurisdictional agency interaction, and other related project activities.
- Ability to support a multi-disciplinary team on projects with minimal oversight.
- Experience using AutoCAD preferred. Civil 3D or Infrastructure Suite experience a plus.
- Experience with hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling software, including proficient use with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, Storm and Sanitary Analysis or others a plus.
- Able to understand, read, and prepare design drawings and specifications.
Key Job Elements
In this role you will:
- Prepare site design calculations under the direction of Project Engineers.
- Develop CADD drawings to convey design intent.
- Work on construction sites performing review activities.
- Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software.
- Assist in developing design details and specifying appropriate construction materials.
- Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day-to-day correspondence.
- Coordinate construction quality control services, conduct specific site visits, and review daily field reports prepared by others.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites as well as offices in Michigan.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to enter and work within confined spaces, once appropriately trained.
Leadership and Project Management Experience
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Must express a desire to learn all aspects of being a successful project manager and consulting professional in the future.
- Ability to interact with existing clients to understand their needs.
Authorized to work full-time in the US in compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.
- Auto Cad
- Business Development
- Civil Engineering
- Confined Spaces