SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Undertakes project design, configuration, factory, site acceptance test phases and creates documents developed for our customers within our project team according to agreed planning and functional requirements. The Engineer supports one Lead Engineers in the delivery of project related engineering deliverables and is responsible for assigned tasks.
The MES Engineer supports the MES Lead Engineer in all aspects of a MES project. E.g. overall design, configuration and engineering of project specific Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and system integration solutions like LIMS or ERP to clients, primarily in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, to enhance cutting edge process automation solutions meeting customer requirements.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the implementation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and system integration solutions projects following Emerson Project Management Office Processes based on industry accepted GMP procedures and guide customers in defining optimal ERP interfaces
- Supports the definition of functional requirements through client interviews and documentation analysis and develop designs that meet client requirements as well as technical documentation required for validated facilities
- Supports the definition of solution architecture that includes scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration/collaboration, project estimations and execution approach
- Supports the implementation team in the following phases: design, configuration, FAT, SAT, startup
- Work in international implementation teams
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed recognized apprenticeship and an additional recognized one-year vocational training
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in programming
- Proficient in English with a second European language preferred (written and spoken)
- Excellent knowledge in programming languages e.g. XML, AML, C#
- Valid driving license
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Technical Documentation
- Business Process Automation
- Systems Integration
- Functional Requirement