Requisition ID: 158319
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Eastern Canada District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Coordinator, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building 'the next big thing' from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Eastern Canada District's projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. They serve the construction and mining industries and operates in Eastern.
New graduates may be required to perform a variety of engineering and construction tasks based on their assignment. The role of an Engineer 1 is diversified and is mainly categorized in three main areas.
Field Operations: Work closely with superintendent, interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries, ensure the quality of field operations
Office Engineering: Perform takeoffs from drawings, generating change, build schedule, track costs, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
Estimating: Perform takeoffs, review and analyze data relative to the project, complete plans and specification reviews for projects, assist with the preparation of a bid
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- Master's, Bachelor's or technical degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
- Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Data Analysis