Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Sedimentologist, with expertise in building and developing all phases of clastic sedimentology, for our Northern Unconventional Characterization Division (NUCD) within the Unconventional Resources Exploration & Characterization Department (URE&CD).
This Division is responsible for the evaluation and de-risking of glaciogenic tight-sand gas reservoirs and play concepts within the Kingdom, through initiating and executing integrated subsurface projects to guide drilling campaigns and support production engineering for stimulation and hydraulic fracturing operations. In addition, the division also supports the planning and execution of field development plans to meet gas production targets from the unconventional resources.
Your primary role will be to characterize sedimentary basins and build depositional models based on integrating core descriptions, petrophysical logs, stratigraphic framework, facies classification, sequence stratigraphy, and depositional modeling and their impact on reservoir development and quality. The candidate is expected to integrate and quality check all necessary data inputs of associated subsurface disciplines (geophysics, biostratigraphy, chemostratigraphy, petrophysics, structural geology and reservoir geology) into sedimentological evaluations.
You will be required to perform the following:
• Conduct detailed sedimentological studies based on core logging, petrography, diagenesis and integration of open-hole logs to model all elements of the basin-fill history and to particularly facilitate unconventional reservoir evaluation, exploration and development in clastic sequences of glacial, fluvial and deep basin systems and/or shale/source rock systems.
• Establish detailed sequence stratigraphic and depositional environment models and maps (2D and 3D) for unconventional reservoirs in clastic systems.
• Integrate all available data (2D/3D seismic, gravity, magnetic, wireline logs, core, specialist geological techniques SEM, XRD, chemostratigraphy, isotopes, biostratigraphy, etc.) to provide analysis of well data in terms of sedimentary architecture, facies and depositional environment.
• Developing basin and reservoir exploration models, and support 3-D static geological models.
• Conduct detailed sedimentological investigations, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to support asset evaluations. Mentor co-workers in applying sedimentological principles to wider geological issues. • Support and mentoring co-workers in applying sedimentological principles to wider exploration and development issues. Develop and promote sedimentological best practices across the unconventional resource teams.
• Remain abreast of latest industry trends, best practices and technologies in sedimentology.
• Coach and mentor young professional to develop to become Sedimentologists.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
1. A Master’s degree in geology with focus on sedimentology. PhD qualification in sedimentology with focus on glaciogenic environments or mud rocks is preferred.
2. 15 years of experience, with at least 5-10 years in glaciogenic environments or unconventional plays, including shale or tight gas. We will consider candidates with more or less experience, depending on the quality of their experience.
3. Proficiency in Petrel software to create complete sedimentological project workflows that integrate a myriad of relevant data and interpretations.
4. Experience in building, maintaining and evaluating large, complex geological models utilizing sedimentological modeling software.
5. Knowledge in the integration of core data, well logs and surface geology.
6. Previous experience working with in multidisciplinary teams of geoscientists and engineers to conduct comprehensive rock evaluations and sequence stratigraphic studies.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Core Data
- Drilling Operations
- Hydraulic Fracturing