We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Purpose of the Job:
- He/she carries out type, validation or investigation tests, and preparing reports
- He/she defines and implements the most appropriate testing methodology and means of testing
- He/she develops test operating modes and analyses test results
- Hierarchical : TrTTL Traction Test Team Leader
- Functional : TrVE Traction Validation Engineer, TrSE Traction System Engineer, TrVSL Traction Validation Skill Leader
Network & Links
- Internal Interfaces : Site Certification and Validation Manager, Traction Validation Engineer, TractionTest Laboratory Manager, Traction Test Laboratory Engineer & Technician, Technical experts
- External Interfaces : PrEM, TrSE, Product Manager, Design Team, Suppliers of parts, Suppliers of test equipment, External Test laboratories, Customers representatives, sub-contractors
Accountable for :
- Defining the most appropriate test methodology, testing means and developing the test operating mode in accordance within the costs time and pass-fail criterion set for the test.
Responsible for : in agreement with the expected S/Q/C/D/P
- Participating in the realization of the Validation Plan
- Preparing the tests, she/he is responsible for:
- Participating in the design and the development of the tools necessary for performing the tests (Benches, model…)
- Implementing, verifying (functional), and ensuring compliance (calibration) of the measuring equipment to be ready at the time of the test.
- Preparing the equipment for testing. Validating that the applied configuration and pre-requisite testing allows the testing to proceed.
- Respecting EHS rules notably implementing “LockOut-TagOut” instruction.
- Supervising and/or executing test activities, analysing test results “live” and deciding if test has to be redone or not
- Test results data analysis, writing test reports and sends for Project approval.
- REX capitalisation, in accordance with the Skill Leader process
- Appling ALSTOM CV process
- Participate in the Tuning phase with Design Team
- Participate to the Bench recipe
- Support Test Method Team on Routine Test Benches
- Timely execution of the test program
- Respect of QCD objectives
- % of rework of test report
Knowledge & Experience
- Test execution capability on some of the following domains:
- Traction Systems (on Simulator, Bench and/or Train)
- Power Converters
- Drivers of converter
- Measurement (Tools and process)
- General Knowledge
- IT Tools
- English Language (B2 mini)
- Required electrical habilitation level (french definitions):
- B2V - B2V Essai - BE Essais - BR - BC
- H2V - H2V Essais - HE Essais - HC
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Data Analysis
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Product Management
- Report Writing