HELP US GROW OUR TEAM! NTH IS HIRING A CIVIL STRUCTURAL ENGINEER!
Join the FUN CULTURE at a 2021 NATIONAL BEST AND BRIGHTEST COMPANY, 2021 CRAIN’S COOL PLACES TO WORK AND 2020 DETROIT FREE PRESS TOP WORKPLACE. Exciting project work, professional development and a robust employee engagement program set us apart.
NTH is a regionally recognized engineering firm specializing in professional civil, environmental, geotechnical and infrastructure consulting engineering and offering many employee perks.
- Flexible and hybrid schedules
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental (NTH pays majority of premium)
- Vision (Modest premium)
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial assistance for professional certifications
Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering (emphasis on Structural), or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
EIT for engineering disciplines preferred.
- 0-5 years of demonstrated work experience in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Engineering involving:
- Comprehension and preparation of construction drawings and specifications
- Inspection and / or restoration of existing steel or concrete structures
- Construction observation and inspection
- Communication with clients, contractors, or other project team members
- Structural Engineering design and analyses
- Experience with rehabilitation and / or restoration is preferred
- Course work and/or limited experience in structural steel and concrete design
- Understanding of building envelope and waterproofing elements is a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Revit, Robot Structural Analysis, Civil 3D, and Bluebeam a plus
- Familiarity with structural and building codes and standards including ACI, AISC, IBC, ASCE, OSHA, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with construction materials testing (concrete, density, etc.) a plus
- Experience with weld / structural steel inspection and non-destructive testing a plus
Key Job Elements
In this role you will:
- Perform condition assessments and non-destructive investigations of existing structures to identify defects.
- Develop and lay out CADD drawings sketches to convey design intent.
- Work on construction sites performing steel, concrete, and masonry special inspection reviews.
- Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, under the direction of Project Engineers, with and without the use of engineering software.
- Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, budgetary cost estimates, construction drawing sets, technical specifications, and reports, including day-to-day correspondence.
- Perform part- or full-time construction observations and inspections.
- Must be willing and able to work on construction sites, including elevated platforms, manlifts, scaffolds and swing stages, confined spaces, and along freeway right-of-way while performing review activities (proper training will be provided).
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Must be dependable, Accuracy, dependability, and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites as well as offices in Michigan.
EOE, including disability/vets
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.
- Architectural Drawing
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Codes