By joining Emerson as a Network Engineer – Remote Access, you will be part of the ECNS Global Network Service Engineering Team focused on our Remote Access and Extranet connectivity solutions.
ECNS (Enterprise Cybersecurity and Network Solutions) design and operate our Wide Area Network, External Connectivity, Wireless and Data Switching environments. This role will be focused on maintaining our remote access/extranet infrastructure located in the USA, Europe and Asia.
You will need experience working with Cisco Remote Access solutions and supporting systems such as Cisco ISE in a complex, fast changing environment, working closely with colleagues located across the world.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team. This role can be based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Works closely with the Service Owner to ensure our remote access/extranet remains current and supported, to include the planning and overseeing the execution of upgrades
- Works closely with the Service Owner to ensure the remote access/extranet roadmap is maintained and continually looks for opportunities to optimise, automate and virtualise components where possible
- Works closely with our Monitoring and Capacity Planning Teams to ensure the remote access/extranet are appropriately monitored and an appropriate level of capacity is maintained throughout their lifecycle
- Acts as a lead and subject expert for remote access/extranet connectivity in our environments
- Works closely with other service engineering teams to ensure the remote access/extranet services are aligned both from a business requirement and security perspective
- Acts an interface between Service Engineering and Service Operations ensuring they can operate the remote access/extranet environment through knowledge sharing, documentation and training as require
Fourth Level Support
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Excellent Communication and Teamwork skills
- Advanced English language skills (verbal, reading, writing, understanding)
- Experience of working in a global environment essential
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 Foundation Concepts, particularly Design and Transition preferred
- Process Discipline and Documentation skills essential
- Minimum of four years experience in the design, implementation, and operation of WAN/LAN networks with Cisco hardware including IPSEC connectivity
- Minimum of four years experience in the design, implementation, and operation of remote access networks (Cisco preferred)
- Experience with an Enterprise Firewall Platform, Cisco or Palo Alto Preferred
- Experience of ancillary services such as Radius (Cisco ISE), DHCP, DNS, Multifactor systems and certificate management required
- Experience with a SASE platform an advantage
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Network Engineer – Remote Access, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future. About Emerson
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Information Security
- Identity Services Engine
- Remote Access