Wood is currently seeking to recruit Design Engineer Static/Rotating (Expression of Interest)
in Kuwait to execute Mechanical Discipline engineering activities under the direction of a Lead or Senior Engineer. To ensure that asset or project discipline engineering activities are executed within budget and schedule, while maintaining technical integrity. Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI)
whilst opportunities are being fully determined. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Execute engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Provide planning and cost control on all scopes.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Develop awareness of technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the Client.
- Responsible for static and rotating equipment design.
- Participate and contribute to design reviews and activities.
- Achieve safety standards as required by the company and individual safety contracts.
- Use of company and contract procedures.
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the designation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.