Requisition ID: 228534
Assigned to a field construction organization in a supervisory or managerial position. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities within assigned area of responsibility, which may be a single area, multi-area or a multi-discipline construction project. May be the primary client contact for all jobsite activities, or may coordinate with client’s resident representatives on jobsite activities within assigned area of operations. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational direction from assigned construction manager or other designated supervising manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to superintendents, construction engineers, coordinators, administrators and others, as assigned.
- Jobsite contacts are with clients and their representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, labor union representatives, project management and any jobsite personnel assigned within area of responsibility, whether Bechtel or others.
- Office contacts are with all levels of construction, engineering, and other functional support groups.
- Maintains continuous direct contacts with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, labor unions, and as authorized with local public regulatory agencies and civic groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Establishes, coordinates and implements construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Controls jobsite expenditures in assigned area for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget.
- Responsible for overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures performance evaluations are conducted on assigned personnel and counseling programs are maintained.
- Ensures subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for craft resources as assigned and coordinates the activities with designated manager and corporate craft resources department.
- Administers a security plan and coordinates the activities with corporate security department.
- Responsible for administration of assigned area(s) contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
- Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules.
- Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
- Ensures that Bechtel and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision-making in the executive of duties.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent in jobsite supervisory positions.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented. Establishes field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures, as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite.
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
- Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
- Knowledge of the Project Construction Environmental Control Plan.
- Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
Knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or
- Specialized courses in construction management, and/or
Prior work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
[ Link removed ]
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.