You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Petroplan is actively recruiting a full-time Facilities Engineering Manager to support long-term operations for a LNG facility located near Brownsville, Texas. The position will require work from Houston during early job phases before transitioning to Brownville, Texas prior to commissioning and startup.
This opportunity is for an industry leading LNG and carbon capture solutions company based in Houston, Texas.
- The incumbent will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering in the Operations Department
- Direct reports will include Sr. Rotating Equipment Engineer, Sr. Electrical Engineer, Sr. Facilities Integrity Engineer, Sr. Process Controls Engineer, Sr. Reliability Engineer, Management of Change Coordinator, and an Equipment Warranty Engineer. Each of the Senior Engineers will direct teams related to their functional expertise. The overall Facilities Engineering Team will consist of 20 or more team members.
Education: B.S. or higher in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of senior engineering and/or management
- 15 years in LNG plant design and/or operations
- 20 years of experience within the oil and gas industry
- APCI liquefaction facility design and operations experience
- Knowledge of applicable industry codes, standards, and regulations
- Knowledge of basic regulatory, advanced regulatory, and advanced process controls
- Experience with Condition Monitoring & Risk Based Inspection (RBI) programs
- Substantial experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Management of Change (MOC) requirements
- Manage the rotating machinery, electrical, reliability, fixed equipment, and process control discipline teams as well as the Management of Change (MOC) and equipment warranty engineer to support both day-to-day plant operations and the long-term Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) effort.
- Ensure Key Process Indicators (KPIs) for equipment and systems are monitored to ensure reliable, safe, and efficient operation.
- Champion and ensure that the PHA/MOC/HAZOP and Safety Case procedures for the facility are followed.
- Manage the Management of Change (MOC) process for the facility.
- Ensure that the facility and equipment conform to industry regulatory compliance standards and recommended practices for safety, environmental, and facility design.
- Manage facilities engineering effort for improvements, plant debottlenecking, and expansion studies, including developing functional specifications and providing oversight for Scope of Work (SOW) documents, cost estimates, Approval for Expenditures (AFEs), evaluating consultants, HAZOPs, bid development, and support for brownfield project construction tender documents.
- Coordinate with Quality and Document Control teams to maintain facilities procedures and other documents ISO 9001 compliant.
- Manage the Condition Monitoring and Reliability and Risk Based Inspection (RBI) programs from a facilities engineering perspective
- Manage equipment warranties for facility equipment.
- Provide integral interaction and support for other intercompany teams, such as Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Process Safety Management (PSM), and Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE).
- Serve as Technical Authority (TA) for facilities engineering and asset integrity management level decisions.
- Deliver on facilities engineering related portions of the Operations Management System (OMS) obligations during the FEED and detailed engineering project phases.
- Demonstrated proficiency with process equipment design
- Experience as a Technical Authority in safety related fields, such as Management of Change (MOC) and Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Experience working within a Safety Case for hazardous facilities, including design and establishment of Safety Critical Elements (SCE) and preparing the associated performance standards
- Familiarity with maintaining ISO 9001 certification(s)
- Demonstrated experience with the Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APCI) Propane Precooled Mixed Refrigerant Process (C3MR)
- Substantial experience with implementing and managing Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Condition Monitoring programs
- Substantial experience with monitoring and addressing corrosion, such as cathodic protection systems, coatings, and corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
- Substantial background in Risk Based Inspections (RBI)
- Substantial experience with process equipment selection, sizing, and internals design
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Management of Change (MOC) processes
- Experience with Hazard Identification studies (HAZIDs), Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs), and Hazard and Operability studies (HAZOPs)
- Knowledge and experience with LNG facility applicable industry standards, regulatory codes, and recommended practices
- Proven experience with managing interfaces and working closely with Project and Operations teams during FEED, detailed design, construction, commissioning, startup, and post startup operations
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Asset Integrity Management Systems
- Cathodic Protection
- Chemical Engineering
- Cost Modelling
- Electrical Engineering
Job ID: BBBH43655