ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life.
Company : ADNOC HQ
Job Title : Expert, Unconventional
- Lead the assessment of key geoscience and engineering drivers for production from the unconventional plays in UAE; supervise the completion and hydraulic fracturing operation and engineering activities and production enhancement of different Basin across UAE, prospect ranking and maturation studies, exploration and appraisal well proposals and multi-disciplinary studies to define and evaluate exploration and appraisal prospects in Abu Dhabi. Validate the performance of new shale technologies for rapid field development plan, Provide technical support to other upstream functions and represents ADNOC in technical meetings with, Group Companies and its shareholders, SPC companies, new Joint Ventures, vendors and consultants. Advise management regarding subsurface, reservoir, production, on the production stimulation and completion related matters, assist the reservoir engineering group, and reserve group in reserve estimate and UR EOR projects. Promote technical advancement for junior engineers, ensure personnel have unconventional resources engineering design and execution understanding develop and implement a development program.
- Lead the development of well engineering technologies from concept to implementation; specify appropriate well construction & workover and abandonment techniques and materials. Lead the design and monitoring the installation of well completions and Fracturing in the Group Companies to methods in order to improve oil and gas well production. Provides technical and economic analysis of various unconventional completion techniques for exploration and development prospects
- Lead and supervise well stimulation and production enhancement engineering functions and well surveillance operations; provide guidance in drilling, completion fracturing and test procedures or immediate analysis of results. Lead studies to attain stated objectives and translate results into operational guidelines.
- Manage the collection, evaluation and analyses of well data, selection of candidate wells, reservoirs for stimulation or stimulation study, preparation of preliminary stimulation studies, development of standard operating practices designs and programs and other well stimulation related activities in line with ADNOC Upstream strategy.
- Lead the development of the scope of concept screening studies for Onshore and Offshore undeveloped reservoirs with respect to Unconventional Hydrocarbon resources development. Review and analyze the proposals received from Operating Companies related to the undeveloped gas reservoirs Process Operations.
- Lead contributor to ADNOC initiative in integrated planning, process improvement and increasing value thru technical evaluation informed decision and predictive modeling, data analytics, innovation
- Share best practices on shale characterization, drilling and completion, and development concepts to unconventional assets
- Lead multi-functional teams in framing, planning, and conducting shale development, reservoir evaluation or performance review studies
- Lead the execution of fracturing operation across ADNOC, review design and implementation , work with teams in services selection, and work award
- Provide advanced reservoir engineering support on shale and tight gas/Tight oil development in support of different ADNOC business units including petrophysical and geomechanical expertise, subsurface integration into fracturing and completion and EOR application in shale
- Coordinate collection of analog data on shale development and share data with other ADNOC business units
- Participate in or lead peer reviews and actively participate in Partner TCM and OpCOM meeting
- Represent the Firm in Joint industries practices, and lead ADNOC Unconventional exploration and development initiative across region and internationally
- Develop, implement and maintain written processes for reservoir engineering, Completion &fracturing Design execution standard operating practices, operational risk assessment and HSE for ADNOC to ensure it is deployed in each area and customized to the local conditions.
- Responsible for approving the deviation from the procedures
- Establish basis for “know how “and best practices
- Advise management regarding subsurface, reservoir, production, on the production stimulation and completion related matters, assist the reservoir engineering group, and reserve group in reserve estimate and EOR projects.
- Provide peer review and validate reservoir properties and fracturing parameter input used in reservoir models generated to estimate drainage, spacing , recovery factors and other pertinent data used to book reserve, capital allocation, development planning and other parameter .
- Develop and update the commercial strategy for the domain, including pricing and position guidelines for all services/products, work with supply management in introducing new ideas tic us t cost and implement self-sourcing , increasing in country value
- Responsible for fit for purposes stimulation technologies implementation per area, assist the subsurface teams in well drill location candidate selection approve the implementation, oversee field operations, monitor results
- Represent and participate in industry groups/committees that monitor and/or influence regulatory efforts and regional standard operating practices
- Share Stimulation and unconventional expertise with junior engineers, university graduates, investors, and stakeholders domestically in US and globally
- Directly responsible for the technical competency of shale reservoir and stimulation engineering for ADNOC
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of all the aspect of the unconventional reservoir engineering stimulation and completion operations for each Asset area
- Establish key performance metrics for different basin and fields in ADNOC operation
- Drive and facilitate the implementation of the strategy, including participating in acquisition, joint ventures and new ventures, preparing technical papers and ensuring success stories are fully communicated, communicate to ADNOC leadership strategy in exploring and developing unconventional plays inside and outside UAE • Work closely with exploration and business development teams to generates partnership opportunities, review and quantify upside potential , increase assets value by highlighting untapped zones potential and strategies to unlock them
- Work closely with industry experts and universities and research center on new technologies in well production enhancement, operation excellence, and continuous improvement
- Provide technical support to different groups and teams with in ADNOC assets teams
- Promote technical advancement for junior engineers, ensure personnel have unconventional resources engineering design and execution understanding develop and implement a development program.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Department to achieve the Division objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Department in line with Division objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Department and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Department in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Division budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Department budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Department policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Division work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Department in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Department KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Department that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Department.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Department in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Department employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Prepare all Department MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Frequent contacts with staff within the department, division and directorate at all levels regarding project work planning and execution.
- Frequent contacts with counterparts in Group Companies, SPC companies, new Joint Ventures and International Shareholders on joint studies or exploration projects carried out by the Group Companies or SPC companies.
- Frequent contacts with consultants and contractors on projects carried out for ADNOC, one of the Group Companies or SPC companies and with vendors on geological software and hardware issues.
- Occasional contacts with suppliers of geological software, staying up-to-date with the latest software developments and new applications which are of potential value to the Division.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 15 years of experience in all aspects of exploration/development activities including play evaluation, prospect ranking and maturation, exploration well proposal preparation, etc.
- Extensive experience with geological, facilities engineering/ well engineering
- Business Development
- Business Informatics
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Capital Allocation
- Change Management