Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
This position is responsible for performing duties with Accounts Payable, monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax reporting, and assisting with month end financial closing. Posts daily cash batches; balances with bank transactions. Prepares and distributes AR reconciliation. Assigns and maintains financial work orders. Miscellaneous accounting and industry reports. Offers support during audits and rate cases.
Education and Experience
- Actively support and participate in monthly financial close cycle to facilitate the production of timely and accurate financial documents
- Assist with all intercompany billing.
- Assist with Bi-weekly payroll processing
- Prepare recurring monthly journal entries.
- Review daily cash batches to bank and post; note irregularities to Manager.
- Prepare timely and accurate account reconciliations including but not limited to Bank reconciliations, Accounts receivable, Fixed Assets, and Miscellaneous Prepaid and Liability accounts.
- Prepare sales tax reports; initiate online payments.
- Record journal entries and reports on control schedule.
- Prepare and support internal and external audits
- Produce financial work order numbers; system set-up; communication with OPS.
- Enter journal entries for the Sr. Accountants.
- Provide customer service with ACH, NSF, and all other exceptions.
- Maintain accounting files – scanned and hard copy documents
- Prepare annual Misc 1099 filings
- Prepare annual unclaimed property reporting for AZ, TX and CA
- Apply monthly manual accounts payable payments
- Assist with weekly check run processing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting OR equivalent experience which would include some of the following:
- Minimum of three (3) years performing accounting duties such as:
- bank reconciliations with high volume cash and payment activity,
- GL account reconciliations,
- accounting reports preparation,
- accounts payable,
- cash receipts, sales reports;
- audit work;
- support of highly functioning operations, sales, accounting or other administrative area.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge and experience with computer accounting systems
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliations
- Fixed Asset
- Accounts Receivable
- Sales Tax