Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting gas and liquid assets (pipeline, compressor stations, processing facilities, cryogenic facilities, etc.). Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and participates in MOC process, HAZOPs, PSSRs, PSV studies, equipment inspections and other key processes/studies to ensure safe operations and compliance with Regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoots operational problems and helps with optimization efforts.
- Plan, organize, and execute capital/expense projects (generally under $10MM).
- Prepare scopes in support of commercial developments, Operation's needs, integrity upgrades, etc.
- Ensure projects are designed and constructed in accordance with the Company's Engineering guidelines and specifications, industry codes and standards, and regulatory agency requirements to meet necessary functionality and performance requirements.
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules.
- Keep stakeholders up to date on project status.
- Prepare and review bid packages for equipment and outside services including consulting engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Make full use of Enterprise subject matter experts.
- Participate in reviews of designs prepared by outside engineering contractors, vendors, fabricators, and manufacturers.
- Ensure all safety/environmental requirements are incorporated into the project.
- Monitor field construction activities to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Work with Operations personnel to safely start-up new facilities.
- Ensure project documentation is prepared and filed appropriately
- Assist in troubleshooting operational problems and help with optimization efforts.
- Lead and participate in MOC, HAZOPs, PSSRs, PSV studies, equipment inspections and other key processes/studies to ensure safe operations and compliance with Regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
- Degree focused in the Chemical or Mechanical fields in Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years oil & gas industry work experience is required
- Direct experience with midstream assets/equipment/projects is preferred.
- Working proficiency/knowledge of MS Excel and Project to develop cost estimates and schedules are required.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% domestically is required.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Market Liquidity
- Microsoft Excel