Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
- Manage multiple projects whilst undertaking technical delivery of projects, engage with client and wider engineering teams within Mott MacDonald
- Prepare comprehensive environmental reports including environmental impact assessment, scoping studies, audit and monitoring report in line with national laws and regulation and relevant international standards and best practices
- Undertake environmental audits and monitoring in line with the relevant environmental auditing and monitoring procedures and protocols; prepare environmental audit and monitoring reports where necessary
- Coordination of environmental audits and monitoring events to ensure the timely submission of quality deliverables.
- Understanding Quality, HSE and Company Systems and ensuring that they are applied in all lines of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification is preferable in environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental management, climate change, geology, or similar; Professional membership with recognized organizations (e.g. IEMA or CIWEM, IES) would be advantageous
- Masters degree in relevant field would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of IFI requirements and international lenders (e.g. Equator Principles, IFC Performance Standards, WBG EHS Guidelines) would be advantageous
- Specialty in marine environment, climate change, ecosystem services, environmental modelling and/or GIS would be advantageous
- Strong technical writing technical skills are mandatory
- Experience in the region is advantageous
- Ability to travel for meetings and site visits where necessary
- Arabic proficiency would be advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of statutory, technical and environmental considerations and the ability to provide technical solutions to meet those obligations
- Familiarity with applicable regional environmental legislation, standards and compliance measures
Job ProfileOur Purpose
At Mott MacDonald, our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment. Flexible Working
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
About the Role
- 90 calendar days’ paid maternity leave
- Competitive annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
Mott MacDonald is looking for an Environmental Consultant to join the UAE team to support projects across different sectors and territories, of varying uniqueness and complexities. This role will provide you with an opportunity to support the environmental, sustainability and waste management team undertaking a wide range of activities including the development of technical reports (e.g. environmental and social impact assessment studies, environmental and social management plans, environmental scoping report, environmental and social due diligence) and undertaking environmental audits and monitoring for various projects.
Environmental Impact Assessments
Environmental Resource Management