SUMMARY OF ROLE
Purpose Summarized why the job exists and the contribution it makes to the overall business of the company (with what objectives and within what limits).
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is responsible for the more sophisticated task in addition to Tier 1 supported items in line with the Service Desk objectives. Analyze issues and provide IT Technical Support for a community of approximately 50,000 Emerson Employees.
In further detail:
• Handle e-mails within IT Service Desk Queues and open incidents/requests based on the information captured from customers.
• Provide 2nd level technical support by responding to queries or issues over the phone or email that have been escalated by tier one.
• Familiar with the Service Desk procedures, processes, and concepts without supervision.
• Builds a positive customer support experience through handling concerns in a highly professional manner.
• Analyze existing systems and processes related to technical issues and make proactive recommendations for improvement.
• Identify the most effective manner to resolve the customer's technical issues.
• Use of remote control tools within an agreed time span.
• Resolve customer's issues or requests for Business Specific IT Systems and Applications such as Live Meetings, SharePoint, JDE, VOIP, MDM, RSA using technical expertise and standard methodologies.
• Adheres to the organization’s internal policies and procedures including shifting schedule and accurate state usage in ININ.
• Achieve /exceed the targets set based on the standard meaningful metric.
• Follow specific detailed instructions!
• Follow-up with customer to gain additional information or required document.
• Utilize the Knowledge Management Tool in HP Service Manager to report for possible knowledge articles with significant information regarding performed steps.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
BS Computer Engineering/ Information Technology
2-4 years experience in Service Desk Specific Knowledge & Skills Demonstrated basic knowledge and experience of the following platform/technology:
• Windows Operating System (Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows 2003 or higher)
• MS Office Products
• Hp Service Manager
Local Area, Wide Area, and Wireless Networks
ITIL v3 Foundation
CORE COMPETENCIES (Korn Ferry)
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong Customer Service and Troubleshooting Skills Experience in Global Support
Attention to details
Good Team Player
Strong Analytical Skills
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Hp Service Manager Software
- Microsoft Share Point
- Service Desk
- Customer Support
- Attention To Detail