We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Attached to the Product Cost Manager Electrical (scope related to: Harness, Cubicle & Cable trays desiging, manufacturing and integration) , you will be part of the Design to Cost Team, within the Engineering organisation.
Alstom is strongly investing in the deployment of “Design to Cost” methodology to ensure a higher competitiveness for our projects.
As Key User for the Electrical costing Tool, your main responsibilities will be:
- Keep the tool up to date and develop the digitalization of the tool with a new support
- Support tool calibration
- Improve collaboration with suppliers
- Support and Train new users
Your role as Key User for the Electrical costing Tool is important for the organization to develop the design to cost process within the global community / network. It will give you the opportunity to have a a transversal role and learn the global process of design to cost to reach competitivity. You will be in relation with the different "metiers" (indutrial, sourcing, engineering, etc.).
This role includes the following activities :
- Develop and maintain tool (excel tool)
- Ensure the right use of the tool by users
- Monitor tool usage and deployment
- Write the technical specifications for any specific development
- Increase costing tool accuracy and agility
- Monitor design cost effectiveness with cost analysis reports
- Creation and updating of automated templates
In the framework of the digitalization , you will manage the digitalization of the Excel Macro tool to others software/ platform like MarkLogic and Qlik Sense:
- Write the technical specification for development in Mark logic
- Follow the development
- Write the test specification for validation
- Realize validation test
- Manage and put in place analysis solution in Qlik Sense
- Define and Manage access right
Required skills & competencies
- Software knowledge : be able to read & code VBA macro / good knowledge of Qliksens, Marklogic
- Capacity to analyse data, "speak data" and communicate proactively to the global network / users
- Capacity to communicate though communication tools as power point
- Fluent in English
- Team spirit
- Willing to learn, interested in the railway industry and specifically the electrical domain, design and industrial process
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Electrical Wirings
- Engineering Validation Tests