We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
A fantastic opportunity to join the Neftex Technical Solutions Team, we are looking for someone with a passion for Geoscience and Geospatial. Broadly they will be undertaking the role of scrum master for the team. Whilst basic skills in software development would be an advantage the key skills for the role are to be able to closely work with the Technical Solutions TL and wider organisation to review new requirements for content and application enhancements and to support the team in achieving their goals.
- Work with Technical Solutions product owner to coordinate backlogs and identifying technological and functional requirements needed by the PSL or the project.
- Support the development of user stories and backlog refinement.
- Stakeholder engagement/cross team collaboration.
- Manage projects scope, costings and timelines.
- Coordinate agile ceremonies including product backlog refinement, sprint reviews, retrospective meetings and stand-ups with internal and contractor teams.
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration.
- Support team members in practicing the Agile principles.
- Be a point of contact for external communications from customers and wider stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and resolve conflicts with tasks
- Ensure product and application deliverables are up to quality standards.
- Identifying training gaps and supporting career development within the team.
- Experience working on data delivery project
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Geoscience, Computer Science or similar discipline
- Geospatial skillsets - open source GIS (PostGIS, OpenLayers), FME.
- Geoscience background or passion for geoscience would be an advantage.
- Experience working with remotely located teams.
- Familiarity with github/gitlab/azure devops tools.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 89083
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development