You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Site Material Controller/Planner
Site Material Controller/Planner - Job Description
Job Description and Qualifications
This position is responsible for performing the Site Material Control & Planning activities on NEOM projects and will report to the Site Materials Control & System Lead. The Site Material Controller/Planner is the point of contact for the contractor for all material related requirements. They will have the authority to release any materials within that specific scope provided they have received prior approval from Construction.
The incumbent provides the Contractor all information and reports required by the Contractor to maintain a full and complete understanding of the status of all materials to be issued by the project.
The Site Material Controller/Planner supports Field Engineering, Construction and Material Reporting. This includes Receiving and Issuing materials in SMat®, identifying and requisitioning material shorts, coordination with purchasing and the warehouse, utilizing the forecasting module in SMat® to monitor installation sequences, ROS dates and on-hand quantities to ensure that the right material is being utilized in the right place. Developing Construction Work Packages within SMat® for material issuing and confirming that the right amount of material is available to support Construction priorities.
The Site Material Control System & Planning Lead is expected to:
- Create work package and Run Forecast & Reservation in SMat® and present result to construction based on the current priority.
- Plans and executes the material management of bulk and engineered equipment, systems, and construction materials in support of project operations within established material management plans, policies, and procedures.
- Review’s material status reports to provide material delivery updates to Construction Management.
- Day to day management and tracking of pick tickets and ensuring that they are completed in timely manner.
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
Understand and manage risks with respect to supply of equipment and materials to the job site and minimise impact on construction schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect construction activities.
- Utilise SMat® to ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
- Supports and collaborates with Construction Management and other team members on site materials management issues.
- Makes recommendations to improve, raise awareness, be knowledgeable of, and understand the current schedule on all equipment and materials; address any problems/concerns.
- Analyse material allocation forecasts, and provide recommendations to the project for necessary corrective action (e.g., early identification of potential surplus, optimal expediting, identify impacts of delays in material delivery and provide construction alternatives, etc.)
- Co-Ordinates & expedites material deliveries from both the Expediting & Logistics functions to ensure no hold ups in material deliveries.
- Receives material deliveries on-site, opens and checks material upon arrival for compliance to Purchase Order requirements in terms of Qty, Quality, Damage, Short receipt, storage & subsequent issue to Site Contractors
- Records all Material deliveries via MRR into Smart Materials & issues OS&D for any discrepancies for resolution by Home Office.
- Be a “Hands on” Material Controller/Planner with a can-do attitude to understand where all materials are located on Site & ensure Smart Materials reflects true & accurate information with regards to Materials.
- Issue weekly/monthly reports of site material management activities for the project showing overall status and identifying significant delivery slippages against the construction schedule.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Maintains Materials Location Logs and Inventory Lists for ready access to equipment and materials that are on site.
- Reviews receiving and shipping notices, yard layouts and reports schedule inadequacies.
- Ensures materials management personnel meet with discipline construction supervisors to coordinate flow of materials to the work fronts.
- Experience in performing Site Material Controller/Planner on Large scale projects in the EPC industry.
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Use of Material Management system in a construction site environment ideally Smart Materials® or other Material Management systems such as IPMS, MatMat, and others.
- Experience in complex supply chain environments on major capital projects
- Strong knowledge of material management and construction planning
- Strong ability to train and mentor less skilled material co-ordinators to achieve success
- Ability to support and influence project teams to achieve targets and goals
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience using planning/scheduling software and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Construction Management or Business with a concentration in supply chain, Diploma on any course and 15+ years relevant experience in Material Management/Material Planning
- 10+ years’ experience in Site Material Control System & Planning in an EPC project environment preferably in remote locations.
- Proficient working knowledge of Site Module of Smart Materials® System or other Material Management systems such as, IPMS, MatMan and others.
- Business Process Improvement
- Construction Management
- Control Systems
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Job ID: 757894