Local Unit & Position Description
GPM&S (GreenPowerMonitoring&Solutions) offers leading products and services in the renewable energy sector. With more than 10 years’ experience, the company has consolidated its position as the independent leader in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy installations with more than 42.2GW globally managed and more than 5,800 facilities worldwide.
GPM&S (GreenPowerMonitoring&Solutions) has a great depth of experience with renewable energy plants across the globe and delivers a market-leading integrated solution set for the management and maintenance of green energy installations that includes hardware, software and services unmatched in the industry.
GPM&S (GreenPowerMonitoring&Solutions) merged forces with DNV in 2016 to facilitate the green energy transition through digital solutions.
Learn more at [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
The position is a part of Grid Integration Team.
The main areas of this unit include:
- Being part of the Power Plant controller development team
- Creation of algorithms to control and interact with several plant devices, like turbines, Inverters, FACTS or BESS
- Direct Contact with customers
- Providing support to customers and other GPM Project Execution members.
- Generation of Technical Reports and Grid Code Compliance Studies
- Developing and enhance the capabilities of the actual tools in place to automate PPC commissionnings.
If you want to be involved in big data projects, learn from and work with a skilled team. If you want to call Barcelona “home”, but work with wind and PV farms across the world. Want to apply your skills as developer by running complex projects and are excited to work for a company whose technical expertise spans the energy industry. You can find it with us.
If you are a trained engineer or scientist with a keen eye for detail and a sense of urgency to effectively communicate what you see and what options you propose to move forward. You never compromise on safety, quality or integrity. You thrive in a dynamic environment being flexible and adaptable to deliver timely results to our clients, building their trust and confidence to ensure continued relationships. Join our team!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial/Electrical/Energy/Electronics Engineering (or other relevant disciplines);
- At least 2 years of working experience;
- Expert in Power Systems Simulation Sofware (PSS(r)E // PSCAD // DigSilent PowerFactory);
- Specific Knowledge about:
- Electric Power System basic understanding and knowledge;
- Power Electronics in Solar/Wind Industry basic understanding and knowledge;
- Renewable Systems and market basic knowledge and understanding;
- Control and Automation basic knowledge and understanding;
- Python Scripting knowledge;
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, including a willingness to develop and enjoy taking on challenges and responsibilities;
- BESS integration in the RE Plants;
- Deployment and Implementation of Innovative Controls in Renewable Power Plants;
- Research and development of new solutions to challengues in the Renewable Generation Sector;
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports in English & Spanish.
- Customer Relationship experience;
- Proactivity and autonomous kind of person.
- The possibility to be a part of the passionate team with a start-up mindset within a robust corporate group;
- The opportunity to work for a company that is providing state-of-the-art monitoring solutions for the renewables industry;
- Attractive salary;
- Medical scheme;
- Commuting allowance;
- Meal card benefit or meal allowance;
- Life insurance;
- Pension plan;
- Kindergarten allowance;
- 40 Hours per week with flexible schedule;
- Continued learning and growth opportunities;
- Truly international and diverse environment.
If you feel that this is the place for you, apply!
* Please send us your CV in English.
* Please note we may close this position earlier in case of finding successful candidates.
* If you have any kind of disability, do not hesitate to inform us and present your certificate. GPM&S (GreenPowerMonitoring&Solutions) (DNV) is an employer that offers equal opportunities to everyone, regardless any condition.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Attention To Detail
- Big Data