The role is supporting the operation of a 100+MW project of a leading solar developer in Thailand. Opportunity to work in a lean, experienced team within a fast-paced start up environment, with potential for fast career progression and international travel.
The O&M Director will be responsible for the day to day technical operations management of a portfolio of projects, directing internal and external resources to deliver services to those projects on time and on budget, maximizing performance from the outset. The ideal candidate should familiar with local energy policy and tax regulation and know the requirement of PEA/MEA.
EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES
- Lead the team assigned to the operational and maintenance contractual.
- Overseeing the portfolio utility-scaled solar projects in Thailand.
- Ensure the operational aspects of the plants under contract are managed to the requirements.
- Ensure works are organized to maximize performance and safe operation of the plant;
- Form effective working relationships with the portfolio O&M providers
- High-light and escalate commercial issues and help provide evidence for commercial claims to project the project company’s position.
- Background in Mechanical engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- University degree, preferably in a technical or environmental discipline.
- Proven track record in Project Management of operational solar farms.
- Proven ability to manage O&M providers to achieve excellent asset performance.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with O&M providers.
- Working knowledge of project planning processes and able to multi-task effectively.
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure, keeping a positive outlook.
- Driven and able to take initiative, utilizing time efficiently to meet deadlines effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail, using evidence-based monitoring processes, with an emphasis on safety.
Strong written and oral communication skills, proficiency in English, Native Thai speaker.