When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Operations Coordinator supports field operations performing a variety of administrative and operational duties for their assigned locations. Responsibilities may include inventory duties, processing procurement transactions, assisting Customer Experience Advocates, handling the permit process and other duties in support of operations as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with a large degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates high professional and personal standards; handles confidential information appropriately
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an administrative liaison with the area operations coordinator as necessary
- Is responsible for entering inventory counts (propane, bobtails, appliances and other assets) into SAP as well as recording inventory transfers
- Assists external customer experience advocates by retrieving information and documents as needed from the location’s files
- Responsible for picking up permits from the township, county or local office for assigned districts
- Processes the ordering and receiving of goods for the district such as office supplies, parts and fittings, uniforms, appliances etc. for all locations in the Area.
- Responsible for handling the mail for the assigned locations
- May perform a variety of operational duties to contribute to the success of the operation
- Other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task across multiple locations
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma required
- 2 years’ experience in an office setting required
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
- Attention To Detail
- Asset Management