Jacobs’ Nuclear Programs and Consulting is a Tier 1 service provider to the U.S. Department of Energy and Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, we deliver safe and innovative solutions at complex nuclear cleanup and production sites. Our services include program management, decommissioning, environmental remediation, waste and nuclear material management, nuclear operations, consulting, and engineering and construction.
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative candidate who thrives when people are in sync and projects are running not just on time but within budget. Based in Oak Ridge, TN., you’ll be managing large and complex projects for clients from the commercial industries as well as federal agencies including the Department of Energy.
As the Engineering Design Project Manager, you will plan, direct, coordinate engineering for assigned design projects to ensure client goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters within nuclear operations and engineering. The work will be performed in Oak Ridge, TN with potentially some travel. Join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United States. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- This position requires a minimum of 12 years of design experience with increasing responsibility
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and within the client organization.
- PE license with ability to obtain a PE in Tennessee
- BS degree in a related engineering design field
- Experience in multi-discipline design projects
- Management of large interdisciplinary engineering teams
- Q clearance or eligibility to obtain a “Q”
- Sole USA Citizenship is required. No Dual citizens or visas for this role
- Ideal candidate would have 12-16 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in successful cost, schedule and contract management of engineering design projects
- NQA-1 experience
- Previous experience working with teaming subcontractors to produce a consolidate design
- Previous DOE Nuclear project experience
- Current or former US security clearance
- Master’s in engineering preferred
- A person residing a commutable distance from our Oak Ridge, TN office
Essential Functions Work Environment
Equipment and Machines: Standard office PC, with software will be provided
Building Information Management design software
On-Site Security training is mandatory before performing project duties.
Timely response to resolve issues is expected.
Travel required – As needed
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS U.S. Citizenship required.
Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Physical Education (Pe)