Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
This position will be reporting to the Chief Surveyor. Accountable for prioritizing daily tasks and providing accurate surveys and mark ups to operations and planning group in a timely manner.
Provide up to date survey prints to development crews in a timely manner. This position will provide as-built and cavity surveys to the planning department and operations in a timely manner. Complete markups of longhole stopes, cable bolt drilling, diamond drilling and utility holes. Provide diamond drill holes and longhole pickups using the proper equipment and procedures and ensure all surveys are conducted to standards with appropriate checks to ensure accurate results.
Safety & Sustainability Expectations
- Become familiar with the Fatality Risk Management Polices and incorporate Critical Controls into daily work
- Work safely, striving to achieve triple zero.
- Ensure regulatory and inter-company procedural compliance.
- Ensure all surveys are conducted to standards with appropriate checks to ensure safe and accurate results.
- Notify Engineering and Operations departments when headings are off design, near a hazard or close to breakthrough.
Promoting Safety and Sustainability
- Promote and adhere to Company safety policies.
- Maintain and care for assigned survey equipment.
- Complete assigned surveys efficiently.
- Complete assigned surveys accurately according to the Newmont – PGM standards in a timely manner.
- Survey, calculate and check month end production figures as required.
- Maintain survey records up to date, including long sections.
- Issue survey prints to all relevant stakeholders.
- Issue DDH pick ups to geology in a timely manner.
- Issue cavity surveys to engineering in a timely manner.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- A Survey Engineering Technician, Mining Engineering Technician or Mining Engineering Technologist Diploma or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 1 year of underground mine operation and engineering experience.
- Be technically competent and have a good understanding of U/G longhole mining.
- Have strong communication and people skills.
- Team player
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Deswik
- Familiar with Leica software and product
- Be a self-starter
- Ability to manage priorities while delivering consistent quality reliable work
- This position is located at Hoyle Pond, part of Newmont's Porcupine Mine Site near Timmins, ON.
- In this role, you will work a 5x5x4 schedule. As such, if you do not live near the site, we will require relocation.
Please enter Job Number 12088 to submit your application ([ Link removed ] ). As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All properties owned by Porcupine Operations are Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.