Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Maintains and repairs electrical equipment and instrumentation. Monitors, maintains, and repairs plant Distributed Control System (DCS). Monitors, maintain, and repairs gas turbine, steam turbine control systems, generators, transformers, and switchgear. Maintain, calibrate, and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. Perform routine trouble shooting activities. Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to effectively accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy. Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints, and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on control system conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify, and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
• Journey-level; 2-5 years’ experience in instrument/electrical and control system applications.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
• Experience with DCS programming and configuration
• Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
- Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [ Email address blocked ] . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply.
- Control Systems
- Distributed Control Systems
- Electrical Installation Work
- Electrical Switchgear