Want to lead in delivering the most complex, innovative technologies to some of the largest firms across the globe? Well this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Technology is embedded in everything we do. It crosses all industries and the future workplace will be very different to what it was just five years ago. You will be joining a team of over 1,700 practitioners across the UK whose job it is to intimately understand our clients business and deliver technology solutions tailored to their needs. Our breadth and depth of business and technical understanding enables us to be our clients’ trusted advisors and implementation partners.
As a member of the Delivery team you will be required to lead client engagements by providing our clients with the support and expertise they need to successfully deliver their most complex technology and transformation programmes.
You will be exposed to an incredibly diverse landscape of projects, technologies and clients. From agile to traditional waterfall project delivery, from global clients to local and specialized firms. You need an understanding and passion for how technology can benefit our clients. As part of the team, you should be able to listen to the business needs and translate them into effective solutions. Specifically, you will be helping our clients to:
• Imagine and design digital, technology, and cloud transformation programmes, working with specialists from both the client and delivery teams to define the solutions which will meet the client’s needs as well as the delivery means needed to get them there.
• Deliver and Implement SAP S/4 HANA transformations projects and programmes, providing the delivery expertise required to support the technology changes and make sure the business is ready to accept and run them
• Independently assure or support in the recovery of troubled projects and programmes.
Demand continues to increase rapidly for our services and you will be at the centre of helping organisations transform their business through their projects and programmes. This opportunity will provide you with the platform to challenge yourself, grow and develop into a rewarding career.
Our Delivery team sits within the Business Operations service line. It will enable you to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities. Whether you’re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
We also encourage the consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
As a Manager within the Delivery team, you will be required to:
• Intimately understand our clients’ problems and the environment in which they operate.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of ERP solutions and knowledge of the challenges facing large enterprise organizations embarking on SAP S/4 HANA implementations.
• Design and mobilise a team to execute against the outcomes sought.
• Pioneer new ways of working to optimize delivery.
• Build and maintain long term relationships with our clients’ Senior Leadership team.
• Manage the financial health of your engagement and ensure project and firmwide risk is managed appropriately.
• Develop talent from within the firm by building their skills and experience with focus on developing SAP delivery capability.
• Motivate your team to deliver excellence through our core Deloitte values.
• Grow the firm through building communities, capabilities and new/existing propositions.
• Have a solid understanding of SAP Application Lifecycle Management
• Have a strong understanding of common agile delivery methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban) and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the challenges facing large enterprise organisations in adopting these approaches.
• Have a broader perspective of the potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies required to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
We are recruiting for a permanent full-time role within across our Deloitte offices. Roles are UK wide, with the flexibility to travel/work on client site and work virtually. Whilst a number of our clients are based in London, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but endeavor to be as accommodating as possible to your own personal needs.
Our team members also work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
• Track record of delivering complex projects and programmes within the ER&I or Consumer Industries.
• Understand the change nature of SAP programmes, from large monolithic waterfall engagements to agile, cloud enabled transformation.
• Focus on the business transformation & technology adoption in addition to the core systems and data transformation.
• Has experience across the lifecycle from initiation, design, delivery and operate / run. Ideally has seen the delivery of SAP within a DevOps or agile delivery model.
• Implementing SAP ERP solutions delivering strategic business outcomes across a range of areas (e.g. finance, supply chain, logistics, IoT etc.). Has an appreciation of basis development and the integration with legacy required in such transformations.
• Leading large-scale SAP S/4 Hana Projects / Programme implementations:
o Involved in the analysis & design of SAP enabled business processes
o Driving quality Explore phase (Blueprint & Design) artefacts
o Managing integrations/interface activity to external legacy systems
o Cut-Over Plan management & execution for both project & data migration
o Planning and execution of multiple deployments / country rollouts
o Ensuring compliance to SAP Project Methodology – or similar.
o Delivering successful test planning & execution phases (ITC, BRT, Regression Testing)
• Leading medium to large delivery teams
o utilizing both Traditional/Hybrid and Agile methodologies
o across multiple stages of the project delivery lifecycle
o understanding the integration of programme tooling and SAP tooling (e.g. integration of Jira/Confluence with Solution Manager) – the ability to work on multi-technology programmes, which SAP is only one component
• Experience in managing teams in multiple locations across the multiple time zones that Deloitte operate, including Central Europe, India, China, Manilla, Mexico as well as our regional hubs in Bristol, Reading, Manchester, Leads and Edinburgh
• Experience of integrating a myriad of communication channels in complex programme delivery, including but not limited to Zoom, Teams, Confluence, Jira, Atlassian Suite, Slack etc.
• Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills with an ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and a broad range of individuals and teams across various disciplines.
• Recognized delivery certification(s) such as PMP, Prince2 Practitioner, SAP Activate, MSP, Certified Agile, Certified Scrum Master, SAFe Agile or ITIL would be preferred.
• Understanding of the procurement lifecycle, requirements gathering, evaluation techniques, negotiation skills;
• Experience in managing project and firmwide risks, issues and financial management of engagements.
We are looking for people who understand technology but equally understand the Energy Resource & Industrials and/or Consumer industries.
The successful candidate will typically need experience in the following areas:
• Management of SAP led transformation projects from initiation through to closure.
• Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid delivery or project management methodologies
• Good programme management disciplines, including setting up the services and capabilities to be the engine room of complex programmes – overseeing programmatic governance, programme commercials, risk management and issue intervention.
• Can demonstrate and show evidence of balancing wellness, inclusion and diversity across large & complex delivery – optimizing the tools and delivery plans to enable the professional and personal development for their people and client teams where appropriate.
In addition, the successful candidate will also have strong written & verbal communication, reporting and stakeholder management skills and be able to demonstrate proactive management of your career and professional development to-date. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development