Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) – your mission is our mission. We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
We're looking for an experienced and collaborative
Vice President (VP) Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) Sales Operations who thrives on the ability to build, deploy and continually enhance a high-performing Sales team that is responsive to company and market demands. This role closely collaborates with senior leadership, Sales personnel, operations, and other parts of the organization to sustain and advance sales acumen and capabilities to profitably grow Jacobs.
This role may be located in any Jacobs US office or telework location.
- Sustains and develops a strong Sales Operations leadership team (Sales Delivery Directors) to deliver sales process efficiency, winning proposals, and teamwork with the Sales Strategy, Capture, and Solutions organization and Operations.
- Collaborates with the Sales Strategy, Capture, and Solutions Vice President to understand the Central Sales pipeline, including requirements specific to each opportunity pursuit, and develops/communicates a plan for resourcing the pipeline.
- Works closely with Sales Delivery Directors to ensure that opportunities are appropriately staffed with capture, proposal, and support personnel throughout the Sales lifecycle.
- Participates in the development and review of major pursuits and market strategies to effectively leverage Jacobs’ differentiators and global capabilities.
- Stays abreast of business/market trends and ensures Sales personnel are prepared with strategies, concepts, and teaming solutions to proactively keep our clients ahead of the curve.
- Educates the organization in our Relationship Based Sales process and other company best practices through formal and informal training programs.
- Works closely with Vice President of Sales to anticipate the impact of future growth on the Sales Operations organization and develop approach/action plan, to include structure, staffing, and timeline.
- Supports the evaluation and integration of new acquisitions into the Sales organization. This includes assessment of personnel and structure, assimilation and training, and implementation of Jacobs sales tools, systems, and processes.
- Establishes, communicates, and manages goal setting and performance standards for all Sales Operations positions.
- Works with Sales and Operations leadership to identify and develop future Jacobs leaders. This includes the identification of high potential employees to assume Sales Operations roles as well as career development for existing staff. Develops and maintains a formal Sales Operations Succession Plan.
- Serves as a member of Jacobs’ Global Sales Council (GSC).
- Leads implementation of quality, safety, and BeyondZero program in area of responsibility to promote an incident- and injury-free culture.
- Travels as necessary (10%-30%).
- Available as needed for time-critical activities and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance at the appropriate level; U.S. citizenship is required.
- Business Insight – Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
- Customer Focus – Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Strategic Mindset – Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. Creates competitive and break-through strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
- Financial Acumen – Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
- Manages Complexity – Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks, and benefits of different solution options.
- Drives Results – Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Resourcefulness – Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal. Gets the most out of limited resources. Applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing efforts.
- Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
- Drives Purpose & Vision – Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
- Attracts Top Talent – Attracts and selects diverse and high caliber talent. Finds the right talent to meet the group’s needs. Closes talent gaps with the right balance of internal and external candidates. Is a good judge of talent.
- Builds Networks – Build strong formal and informal networks. Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and locations. Draws on multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know-how.
- Being Resilient – Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardship and negative experiences.
- Instills Trust – Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Manages Ambiguity – Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Here is what you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field; an additional 4 years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with sales tools, systems and processes
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills by prior management/supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (and other languages, as applicable)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Prior experience with Jacobs’ Sales process
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Link Aggregation (Ethernet)