Apex Clean Energy develops, constructs, and operates utility-scale wind and solar power facilities across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 renewable energy experts uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information on how Apex is leading the transition to a clean energy future, visit [ Link removed ] .
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future. Job Description
Apex Clean Energy is currently seeking a Renewable Energy Control Center Operator to remotely monitor the operation and performance of our renewable energy assets that are located across the United States. The Operator will play a key role in the safe and reliable operations of our renewable energy assets through starting, stopping, and monitoring the status of all plant systems on a continual basis. The Operator is responsible for performance monitoring and diagnostics including turbine resets as well as regulatory actions to include voltage control changes and curtailment actions. Under the supervision of the Control Center Manager and working with a small team of fellow Operators, the Operator will monitor and control computer and peripheral electronic data processing equipment to analyze data and remotely operate wind turbine generators, solar assets, and battery assets.
The successful candidate will have experience in remote operations or a similar environment, a good record of working rotating/swing shifts, and demonstrated ability to work in high-performing, high-communication teams. The position is well-suited to someone comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, mission- driven, focused environment.
- Start, stop and dispatch wind and solar energy facilities to meet planned schedule
- Continuously monitor the operation of facilities to ensure compliance and performance objectives
- Receive and respond to our on-site operations team to communicate site conditions while working to maximize project availability and production
- Build and maintain relationships with primary stakeholders and market participants
- Schedule production with power purchasers, power marketers and system operators
- Perform diagnostic analysis of operating data to assess operating performance and identify abnormal performance conditions
- Effectively communicate abnormal conditions to management or stakeholders
- Help and assist with building out and crafting solutions to improve our internal display screens, reports, and customer-facing products where applicable
The Operations Center is an indoor 24/7/365 operation located in our Headquarters in Charlottesville, VA. This role works on a (2-2-3) rotating shift schedule. Nights, Weekends, overtime, and holiday work is required.Qualifications
To succeed as an Operator at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Strong passion for renewable energy
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate IT issues
- Experience in the renewable energy field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary standards of honor, ethics, safety, quality, communication, and productivity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and productively without supervision
- Experience with other Microsoft Tools such as Power Bi (preferred)
- Proficiency with SCADA systems (preferred)
- PJM and/or NERC certification (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to work on a (2-2-3) rotating shift schedule. Nights, Weekends, overtime, and holiday work is required.
- Must be willing to work from our headquarters in Charlottesville, VA.
What Apex Can Offer You
- A mission-driven, energetic environment
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Attention To Detail
- Data Analysis
- Diagnostic Skills
- Electronic Data Processing