0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
- Plan and execute the material control, procurement, expediting, and warehousing activities associated with commodities and engineering equipment, systems, or materials in support of project operation.
- Provide leadership to use and implement advanced planning tools to model, simulate, and release optimized material plans to the organization, manage developing, planning, and implementing the master schedule.
- Work with Engineering, Procurement, Expediting, Logistics, Quality Control, Project Control and Construction Management teams to establish project-specific materials planning process, including development of the Materials Planning section of Project Execution Plan.
- Collaborate with Material Engineering and Material Control to maintain equipment, instruments, and commodities requirements according to Engineering specification and scopes.
- Work with the Project Management in developing and analyzing project schedule and coordinating activities of an assigned group of Material Management specialists.
- Perform the accurate, timely, and cost-effective identification and records of project material status, including requisitioning, purchasing, receiving, preservation, and issuing of material and equipment required to support the EPC efforts and work face planning.
- Provide the system set-up with engineering according to AP and Client construction sequences, identified in work break down structures.
- Manage the site planning module in Smart Material computer software according to project construction schedule, priorities, destinations, and work packages.
- Perform material allocation according to the construction priorities and run planning reports.
- Advise Project Management of developments that may substantially affect project costs or schedules and work with project teams and suppliers to find solutions to mitigate the problem.
- Support Project and Construction Management in the identification and assessment of all identified risks with respect to supply of equipment and materials to the projects
- Work with AP Procurement on the receiving PO creation for different disciplines.
- Monitor and support shop fabricators’ material warehousing and receiving activities.
- Support Expediting ad Logistics in evaluation, selection and routing material shipments between project destinations in accordance with project requirement, shipment directions, work processes and procedures.
- Evaluate innovation ideas as a mean for continuous improvement process in Material Planning and Control activities while considering project costs and risks.
- Make recommendations to improve, raise awareness when process concerns exist; be knowledgeable of, and understand the current schedule on all equipment and materials; address any problems/concerns.
- Analyze material allocation forecasts, and provide recommendation to the project for necessary corrective action (e.g., early identification of potential surplus, optimal expediting, identify impacts of delays in material delivery and provide construction alternatives, etc.)
- Prepare and issue planning, expediting, and engineering reports for management meetings, participate in department meeting to coordinate engineering, procurement, and expediting activities according to the project standards and priorities.
- Assist in handling of complex material control, procurement, expediting or warehousing functions or plans, and execute some of those functions within established Project Material Planning, policies, and procedures.
- Work with different AP computer software to ensure material quality management through the project are in accordance with AP Standards and Practices.
- Demonstrate extensive usage of site planning material management module with ability to update milestones according to supplier’s delivery schedule.
- Be responsible for the entire material life cycle oversight from design through constriction completion according to AP Standards and Practices.
- Available to travel to warehouses, Fabricators, storages, and site locations in North America.
- Support project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner to accomplish common goals and objectives.
- Serve as point of contact for external or internal customers.
- Supports the Project Management in the development of Manpower and Staffing Plans and Procedures if needed.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities with set expectations and meet deadlines.
- Provide direct and general supervision and training to material management specialists.
- Lead development and implementation of integrated systematic solutions to drive continued innovation, efficiency, and safety.
- Adhere to and support AP Health, Safety, Environmental, and Sustainability Polices.
- Support corporate initiatives promoting safety, diversity, ethical behavior, increased employee engagement and career development.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Construction, or related field is preferred or minimum 10 (ten) years related experience in Material Management and Systems, preferably Smart Materials.
Direct experience in the Field/Project site working in a material/equipment coordination role.
International capital project experience and ability to lead a regionally dispersed team is a plus
Technical knowledge of construction and piping/structural steel manufacturing and fabrication processes, ability to read Engineering drawings and material take offs.
Ability to manage multiple high priority projects and competing priorities, adjust to varying demands of work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
Superior written and oral communication skills, project management skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and financial acumen.
Excellent computer skills, particularly experience with relevant Smart Materials, SAP, MRP systems modules and MS Office Suite
- Business Process Improvement
- Career Development
- Commercial Awareness
- Commodity Market
Job ID: 758401