Section Manager – Railroad – Safety and Compliance
Cleveland-Cliffs Brandywine Valley Railroad has an immediate opening for a Section Manager – Railroad – Safety and Compliance. As a Section Manager at Cleveland-Cliffs Coatesville, you will be part of a team making steel that goes into products that are visible all around you. The successful candidate will provide leadership in ensuring that work is performed safely to efficiently produce and deliver quality steel products to our customers.
The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position but are not all-inclusive:
- Perform facility walk-throughs with the railroad manager to ensure compliance with all applicable corporate and FRA safety policies.
- Attend daily toolbox talks and any safety stand-downs (providing input within these forums as necessary.)
- Create and maintain a project-specific safety audit schedule and perform all required safety audits.
- Issue corrective actions and monitor compliance and identify areas of improvement.
- Hold monthly safety meetings to review various rail safety issues along with presenting any new safety standards.
- Perform operational tests on both conductors and engineers in accordance with 49 CFR Part 217.
- Gather data for analysis from sources (e.g., injuries, illnesses, near-misses, work orders, incident investigations, inspections, audits, etc.) and develop trend reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 years of supervisory experience, experience performing in a union environment
- Proficient use of hand tools and familiarity with proper lifting techniques
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- 4 years of related work experience, with thorough knowledge of FRA safety rules and regulations
- BS Degree in Engineering or safety related field preferred
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with clients, supervisors, and inspectors.
- Detail-oriented, with decision making capability to identify safety issues and enforce safety requirements, a valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to job sites is preferred
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Toolkits
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Decision Making