Our Brand Values
RIDGID tools are used in some of the most demanding environments around the world by millions of demanding customers every single day. Building the next generation of these great products requires an Engineering team that values quality, innovation, agility, and collaboration.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for creative, self-directed individuals who have an aptitude for electronics and firmware, who enjoy collaboration, who love working on innovative products, who want to learn and share, and who want their work to make an impact.
In particular, we are looking to hire an Electronics Engineer with a solid background in Firmware development to join our Engineering Department and help strengthen our competency in the areas of smart, and IoT connected tools. RIDGID has a bright future in this space and is looking for motivated individuals to help us design and build the next generation of technology-enabled products.
We need individuals who can evaluate new technologies and sensors, and design electronics modules and circuit boards as well as developing the firmware to control these modules. The Electronics Engineer needs to be hands-on to make full use of RIDGID’s Electronics Lab and prototyping capabilities.
We are looking for team players who want to collaborate in a cross-functional environment to design and build new tools and innovative solutions that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations. Other team members regularly consist of Mechanical and Software Engineers, as well individuals from the Sourcing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing teams.
If you have a strong interest in electronics, connectivity, the “Internet of Things” (IoT), and controls, and if you want to play a vital role in the future of one of the most trusted brands in the business, then you’ll be a great fit!
Why Are We Hiring an Electronics Engineer?
RIDGID’s portfolio of connected products continues to expand, and so does our need for Electrical Engineers and Firmware developers. Connected products require an in-depth understanding of the technologies involved; not only from a capabilities perspective, but also from a size, durability, and cost perspective. With the proliferation of mobile apps and cloud-based solutions, we’ll need to stay in-tune with connectivity solutions like Bluetooth, cellular, WIFI, etc. We’re looking to hire an Electronics Engineer who can do the hands-on activities of an engineer, but can also help move our connected tools strategy forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create electric and electronic designs for new products using state-of-the-art technology
• Develop firmware to control all tool functionality
• Assist in supplier selection for PCBAs and electronic and electric components.
• Collaborate with the Software Engineering team in designing electronics solutions and communication protocols that enable mobile apps or cloud solutions (e.g. via Bluetooth, WIFI, or cellular)
• Conduct concept or feasibility studies of new ideas on control logic and other electronics applications.
• Firmware development and testing
• Design circuit layouts, select components, and build PCBA prototypes for proof of concept models that meet technical specifications and cost targets.
• Develop test plans for electronic circuitry, and perform qualification testing including functional testing, life testing, and stress testing; EMI and IEC testing.
• Drive projects to timely completion by close collaboration with other functional team members.
• Bachelor’s degree In Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Electrical And Computer Engineering (BSECE) from accredited college or university required.
• Related experience in product development of electro-mechanical products desired.
• Experience working with Bluetooth/BLE, WIFI, or cellular-enabled products.
• Experience with firmware development.
• Experience with PSoCs and different microcontroller architectures.
• Familiarity with reflow soldering.
• Familiarity with PCB Design software like ProTel, OrCAD and CADStar.
Perks and Benefits
• Matching 401k and Defined Contribution
• Holiday Bonus
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• RIDGID tool loaner program
• Employee discounts
• On-site fitness center
• Tuition assistance
• Short/Long Term Disability
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling
(V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to [ Link removed ] . About Emerson
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Printed Circuit Boards Design