Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully works to reduce product problem resolution time and initiates and supports efforts to develop training and troubleshooting resources (e.g. procedures, diagnostics, and documentation).
- Monitors call backlog and closure rates to ensure we are striving to achieve our goals.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) world area shift
- Has worldwide responsibilities, plus product line expertise/responsibilities.
- Communicates and coordinates with Local Business Partners, Field Service Offices, Emerson Impact Partners, Technology, Marketing and Manufacturing to resolve customer product problems at a local and global level, correct product issues, and gives input on product direction.
- Maintains ownership of all customer problems he/she receives and provides timely updates and sets the escalation priority.
- Responsible for the quality of the service delivered by the Global Service Center.
- Is responsible for performing reviews with all engineers on his/her shift.
- Identifies and develops training programs for the Technical Support Engineers.
- Identifies and develops changes in procedures and processes, as required, as part of the continuous improvement process.
- Determines the resources (i.e. budget inputs, training requirements, manpower needs) required for his/her shift to resolve product problems.
- Identifies software and hardware requirements for the organization.
- Conducts performance management with the Technical Support Engineers.
- Works with other shift managers to optimize the overall performance of the Global Service Center
- Advises and assists the Operations Manager and serves as a back up when required
- BS/MS in Chemical, Electrical, Communications or Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering Degrees.
- 5 or more years experience in plant or engineering centers in one or more of the following industries: oil and gas, pulp and paper, chemical, refining, pharmaceutical, metals, mining, food processing or power
- Experience in project management, including developing project plans, individual work assignments, prioritizing project objectives, progress measurement and reporting
- Solid background in interfacing with other organizations
- Excellent written, verbal and active listening skills
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.