You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Supply Chain Operations Specialist
About this role: Supply Chain Operations Specialist
Brunel is currently searching for a Supply Chain Operations Specialist for direct hire with our client located in Miami, Florida. This role will be an in-office position with travel to field sites.
The Supply Chain Operations Specialist will be responsible to drive operational improvements in integrated demand planning, forecasting, inventory optimization, and internal services within the supply chain department in the Latin America (LATAM) region. This responsibility includes building strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and strategic suppliers; performing robust gap analyses of supply chain operations; lead change that adds value and drives best practices; perform other duties as assigned.
- Identify current gaps in integrated demand planning between company stakeholders (Maintenance, Operations and Supply Chain departments), key suppliers and contractors.
- Develop improvement plans that utilize best industry standards and practices to address the gaps and improve performance.
- Conduct analysis of current on-hand inventory and work with the local teams to develop and execute plans to o0ptimize and reduce stock levels, including the sale, auction or disposal of aging and obsolete items as well as implementation of vendor managed inventory and consignment stocks.
- Evaluate current forecasting processes and implement improvements to increase accuracy and reliability.
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to reduce lead times, reduce variability of supply and demand and improve service levels.
- Drive improvements that will be measurable and reflected in critical KPI’s, among them; work order fill rate, fleet availability, forecast accuracy, on-hand inventory optimization, inventory health, lead time reduction, supplier fill rate, stocks-outs, cost savings.
- Take part in supplier relationship management, inducing but not limited to, tracking supplier performance metrics, supplier safety reporting, stakeholder satisfaction metrics, etc.
- Develop the skills and abilities of the supply chain team and act as a champion and mentor within the designated operational categories.
- Demonstrate social awareness, commitment and compliance with safety policies and social responsibility policies.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly related to supply chain operations
- Robust knowledge and expertise in integrated demand planning, inventory optimization, forecasting and supplier management as evidenced in documentable work history and education programs.
- Previous experience in mining and/or construction industry with knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and demand planning software tools.
- Functional knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Ellipse or equivalent enterprise level software packages.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Fluent in English required, Spanish is preferred as well.
- Must be able to operate at an industrial mine site including wearing all necessary PPE.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% internationally (primarily Argentina and Dominican Republic, with potential for other LATAM or AP countries.
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in the U.S.
Our client offers a competitive salary along with STI and LTI bonuses. Full benefit package to include 401K matching, vacations, holidays, and more.
Our client is a global leading in the mining industry.
- Construction Engineering
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Cost Reduction
- Enterprise Application Software
Job ID: PUB398107