Unique Automated Operation. Carve your own path.
It’s not very often that an opportunity arises to join one of Australia’s newest Coal Mining operations from project stage whilst being instrumental in seeing it through to an operational phase. Have you worked in the seam above an operational coal mine? Now is your chance to join us in creating history and gain real experience on what aims to be a fully automated operation.
MetCoal AustraliaJob Description
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
Electrical Coordinator - Longwall
An opportunity exists for a qualified Electrical Coordinator to join our newest underground coal mine project. Reporting to the Longwall Superintendent you will:
- Establish and operate systems required to commence a state-of-the-art longwall on a new mine
- Lead a team of electrical trade personnel
- Act as a role model and reinforce a workplace culture where safety and health for the site is paramount
- Personally exhibit an uncompromising stand on safety standards and appropriate risk management
- Provide an environment for teams to challenge and act on unsafe behaviours without repercussions
- Develop a high performance culture within the crew through strong leadership including appropriate communication, delegation, coaching and managing performance.
- Conduct Visual Felt Leaderships (VFLs) and regular visual inspections and audits of workplace conditions
- Monitor and analyse equipment performance data to diagnose risks to plan and improvement opportunities. Ensure all changes are risk assessed.
- Current Electrical License
- Current Low Voltage Self Rescuer Competency
- Current Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas (UG only)
- 12 months experience in a similar role
- 5 years UG coal experience
- Ability to understand functionality of business systems and extract relevant data for business purposes
- Track record in driving continuous improvement
What we offer
This is a 7 on 7 off roster based in Middlemount, QLD. Choose from subsidised accommodation or relocation assistance. Fly in fly out options are also available to salary sacrifice.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
21st May 2021
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.