Requisition ID: 117021
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Human Resources
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As the Employee Relations Specialist, you will promote company culture and employee engagement through various programs. With relative independence, you’ll support HR and the Legal department with all matters relating to Employee Relations primarily by providing consultative support to HR and management on ER matters, investigating and resolving internal employee concerns, and presenting EEO and AA training to employees. As a member of the Employee Relations team, this role will help ensure a fair and consistent approach to the organization’s policies and procedures.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
HR Operations is an integral partner and service provider at Kiewit. In recent years, we have gone from decentralized HR groups to a unified, shared service team, with various HR Centers of Excellence. Our vision is to be a best-in-class international HR organization.
This position can be based out of any Kiewit office location in North America.
- Advise, guide and support HR Managers and the Corporate HR and Legal departments with all matters relating to Employee Relations.
- Assist with the entry of case management system data and the preparation of key internal compliance reports.
- Assist with accommodation request procedures for employees and candidates.
- Ensure the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Effectively document, investigate and resolve employee-related issues and concerns.
- Assist the Human Resource Management team in the preparation, delivery, and administration of EEO and Affirmative Action training.
- Prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, and a variety of standard and specialized reports of varying complexity, research and analyze information, and conduct and complete surveys.
- Develop effective relationships across the organization to promote good employee relations; promote inclusion and employee engagement through various activities and programs
- Attend meetings and seminars to stay abreast of employee compliance and related laws; monitor trends and advise the organization appropriately.
- 2+ years' of HR and/or Employee Relations experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to write professional correspondence, produce written analyses, reports and other documents.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and apply complex policies and procedures, including those based in federal and state laws.
- Investigative and analytical skills sufficient to resolve problems and employee concerns.
- Ability and demonstrated cultural competency to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present comfortably and confidently to a group.
- Strong leadership, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other job site policies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, managing a variety of tasks simultaneously with efficiency, a large and diversified workload, and challenging situations.
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel approximately up to 25% of the time, sometimes with short notice.
- Degree related to Human Resources preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated