Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
Ideal candidates enjoy working in innovative, challenging environments and are willing to constantly raise the bar and create what’s next. Electrical engineers develop solutions and implement projects that improve the process and reliability for the plant, along with working collaboratively with our bargaining unit, operations teams, and outside contractors.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards. Perform safety, quality, and environmental audits on a timely basis.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot programming and electrical issues.
- Create, modify, and confirm programming logic.
- Analyze blueprints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems.
- Work with operations, engineering, maintenance, and other technical resources to drive results.
- Directs bargaining unit employees to accomplish work and provide guidance on technical issues
- Lead for electrical projects and jobs during outages
- Monitor the electrical work of external contractors for the purpose of ensuring that projects are satisfactorily completed in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate production and safety concerns.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or for the exceptional candidate, a high school diploma with significant commensurate experience.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs, AC/DC drives, and HMI setup, programming and configuration.
- Working knowledge of industrial wiring, controls, and instrumentation.
- Able to manage and direct workforce
- Able to read, troubleshoot and write ladder logic.
- Experience with network protocols such as Ethernet, ControlNet, Profibus, DeviceNet.
- Experience in tuning and calibration of PID loops and control.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electrical Technology Engineering.
- Three years of production or maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Successful track record working with a represented workforce in a heavy industrial setting.
- Knowledge of safety and health policies including key components of the OSHA regulations.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] . We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Control Net
- Device Net
- Electrical Installation Work