The Opportunity :
Your experience within HR is exactly what we are seeking for our (HR) Business Advisor within our site based Oil Sands team. Do you enjoy a challenging fast paced atmosphere where each day you will learn something new and different? In our environment that is continuously changing and improving, the HR Business Advisor will strive to provide exceptional service for our business units by being self-motivated, hands on, and a strong team player. This position will provide an opportunity to work with different departments to understand and respond to their needs, ensure the right application of laws, and corporate policies, rules and regulations, principles and processes, and support the optimization of performance management, retention, and employee engagement.
Are you known for your :
- ability to engage and influence others, and not afraid to support an unpopular decision
- positive can-do attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor in demanding situations
- flexibility, adaptability, and openness to tackle change head-on
If so, you may be our next HR Business Advisor!
Key Accountabilities :
- Build and maintain strong and effective working relationships across the organization and within the HR team
- Coach and advise business unit leadership on the application and interpretation of company policies, programs, guidelines, and legal compliance, including :
- Alcohol & Drug Policy
- Performance Management
- Progressive Discipline
- Provide transactional support to Business Unit leadership for all HR related matters
- Update, process and maintain HR systems to reflect accurate employee data; and provide data and reports to leadership as requested.
- Conduct, follow-up on complaints and/or investigations and provide recommendations on the path forward. Consult with other HR team members to ensure the application of consistent practices
- Coordinate with members of other HR teams to identify organizational and business issues/requirements; and collaborate in multi-disciplinary project work to support effective delivery of HR services to the business
Other Details :
- Job location : Horizon Oil Sands - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- Company sponsored fly-in/fly-out from Calgary and Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule : 4 x 3 (Monday to Thursday)
As this role supports safety sensitive 24 hour Operations, the HR Business Advisor will be required to have flexible working hours while on Site to support business needs. This includes acting as the emergency on-call HR contact on a rotational basis.
Skills & Qualifications :
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or a related field and 7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPHR is considered an asset
- Ability to recognize and adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of workplace investigations
- Respect for confidential matters and awareness of all applicable Provincial and Federal legislations
- Evaluate and align your work objectives with the team and/or business unit goals
- Positive, approachable, resourceful & respectful attitude
- Ability to communicate professionally and concisely (verbal, written and body language)
- Demonstrated flexibility, openness to new ideas, and the ability to prioritize workload
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement : "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Coaching And Mentoring