Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
We are currently seeking experienced Test Technician to start in permanent position at our Ballarat facility. Your role will be responsible to ensure all commissioning and test activity is completed as per schedules.
- Perform train inspection/preparation when vehciles are delivered from production.
- Perform train level routine commissioning and test.
- Troubleshoot and repair train faults as necessary.
- Sign off test specification sections as appropriate.
- Lisaise with Engineering on any arising quality/reliablity issues that are identified.
- Enter equipment failures into system for reliabilty monitoring.
- Ensure all test documentation is available.
To be successful for this role you must be able to demonstrate
- Electrical/Mechanical Trade of Diploma in Engineering or equilivant trade experience.
- Testing of electrical componenets using all types of hand, electric and pneumatic tools.
- Hydraulic systems knowledge and accuracy of documentation and reporting.
- Reliability and well-developed communciation and interpersonal skills.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: [ Email address blocked ]
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination status. There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process. If you are unable to be vaccinated for other reason(s), please provide those reason(s) in the application for our consideration.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving