What’s the role?
The Owner Relations Analyst provides support services to the Lease Administration department, Trading and all external lease customers and stakeholders. This position requires a sound understanding of the lease crude business, standard oil and gas leases, conveyance documents and other legal forms of title documentation.
- High level research, analysis and interpretation of legal documents and pay sheets defining ownership in a well.
- Support various lease teams as needed with research and administrative efforts.
- Assess, direct and follow up as necessary on all customer communication (e.g. phone calls, mailed letters, and emailed messages.)
- Perform routine review and remediation of SOX and other Operational Controls to ensure compliance.
- Respond to various stakeholder inquiries; research and resolve revenue discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Work directly with traders and other operations teams to provide real time support, analysis, and feedback on streamlining opportunities.
- Add commercial value by identifying capture and/or maintenance improvement opportunities and prevent profit leakage.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three (3) years of crude lease administration experience.
- Working knowledge and skill in interpreting estate requirements, deeds, assignments, title, leases, contracts, probates, unitizations and marketing arrangements.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong desire and drive to deliver bottom line results for self and team. Thrives in a busy work environment.
- Team player willing to serve as advisor to others with good interpersonal skills capable of developing and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours during monthly close and at times of increased commercial business.
- Commercially focused and detail oriented individual, with strong work ethic, robust communication skills, and solid team working abilities.
- Must have following systems knowledge or a strong learning aptitude for new systems in business related applications and tools:
- Lease Purchase System, SalesForce, QlikView, TSAP, Oildex.
- Technical capabilities will be considered.
- Willingness to embrace accountability and become subject matter expert is necessary for success in this role.
We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and have respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through teamwork.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Work under time pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple activities.
- Handle a high volume of transactions in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Process limited probate information and transfer documents from interest owners in order to maintain correct division of interest.
- Assist with curative issues, bankruptcy filings, lien requests, assignments and conveyances.
- Maintain intermediate knowledge of statutory probate laws which govern transfer of property upon death of a person.
- Effectively communicate, influence key stakeholders, and strengthen team working relationships in order to deliver on enterprise-first goals.
- Attain comprehensive understanding of related roles in the organization, including Scheduling, Inventory, Ticketing and Lease Administration.
- Develop in the role to the point of identifying and driving optimization opportunities in regards to both productivity and risk mitigation.
- Incorporate Shell's five behavioral imperatives into daily work ethic (External Focus, Commercial Mindset, Delivery, Speed and Simplicity).
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated