Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Enel X, a leading provider of demand response and advisory solutions, has an immediate need for a Business Development Associate to join our world class Commercial and Industrial Sales organization in our Boston office. The Business Development Associate will be responsible for developing new prospects to increase revenue according to Enel X’s annual product goals. The main role of this position is to source new business opportunities by conducting cold outreach to commercial and industrial energy users while collaborating with internal teams to accomplish program specific goals. In this position you can expect to work cross-functionally with other departments including energy markets, marketing, account management, field sales, and customer onboarding/support. This is a stellar opportunity to work with a team of incredibly bright and motivated sales professionals within a growing and exciting industry. This individual’s eagerness to bring his or her top notch sales skills to a domain that “makes a difference” will be rewarded with the ability to offer meaningful solutions to customers and strong commission potential. The Enel X team truly works together to combat the energy crisis using innovation, technology, and our passion to drive change, and the Business Development Associate role combines business development and world class technology to directly impact the way organizations manage their energy.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Who You Are:
- Creatively prospecting for new customers who can gain significant value through a partnership with Enel X;
- Drive initial engagement with prospective customers through cold-calling, social media engagement, marketing follow-up, etc in order to schedule initial meetings for field sales reps;
- Follow up on meetings with prospects and seeing them through the sales cycle by scheduling additional meetings;
- Work with customers to gather requisite information for onboarding (energy bills, data, letters of authorization, etc.);
- Execute specific outreach campaigns based upon product, vertical, and geography;
- Master Enel X products/solutions to effectively cross/up-sell;
- Provide stakeholders with appropriate Enel X marketing materials;
- Schedule technical site visits to evaluate Enel X solutions.
What You've Accomplished:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong technical aptitude;
- A sense of initiative and strong motivation;
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Ability to work under occasional supervision
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change;
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Occasional travel to sales summits.
What Enel Offers You:
- A. or B.S. undergraduate degree or equivalent years of relative sales experience in the energy space;
- 3+ years of relative experience;
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, or a similar CRM;
- Proven success presenting a value proposition;
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Cold Calling
- Internal Communications