Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Energy division is seeking a TDD Wind Energy Junior Consultant - Engineer to join our Project Engineering and Due Diligence (PE&DD) team in France.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and enthusiastic about renewables and will be able to contribute to the team from an early stage. Typically, team members work in multiple projects over the course of the year and in several countries.
This position would be based out of our Paris office, although other locations might be also discussed.
- Performance of Technical Due Diligence – This requires understanding what is needed for a proper technical risk assessment of a renewable project, including:
- Assessment of Balance of Plant (civil and electrical infrastructure)
- Wind technology and site suitability assessment (climatic conditions, acoustic, ground conditions, etc.)
- Technical analysis of project contracts. Amongst others:
- Construction contracts (turbine supply and balance of plant)
- Operation and maintenance contracts
- Grid Connection Agreements
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Assessment of project construction schedule
- Review of project authorizations, licenses or land securement contracts
- Evaluation of technical inputs for Project’s Financial Model
NOTE: Detailed experience in one or several of the aspects listed above would be valued (e.g. civil or electrical design, contract negotiations, regulatory aspects related to interconnection or PPAs, etc)
- Owner’s and/or Lender’s Engineer (also known as Independent Engineer) during pre-construction and construction phase of the projects:
- Technical Due Diligence reports for support Project Financing or M&A decisions
- Construction monitoring to assess construction progress and control the quality of the work
- Monthly construction meeting organization with the contractor(s)
- Approval of contractual payment schedule condition precedents
- Approval of take-over condition precedents and punch list issuance
- Commercial support (awareness of market trends, participation in industry conferences, proposal management and winning new business)
- Technology scouting and market watch
- Assistance with general group activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor's in Engineering preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics will also be considered, with understanding of technical aspects and experience in financing of renewable projects
- min 1 year of previous experience within the renewable energy industry or renewable energy taught course modules required
- Understanding of enforceable norms and regulations within the renewable industry
- Knowledge of general energy market and, in particular, about renewable energy market in France
- Experience in development, design, review and/or supervision of renewable projects: including technology, civil or electrical infrastructure works and/or grid interconnection. Experience in other kind of energy projects would be also valuable.
- Excellent English and French language skills (both in writing and speaking) required. We work in multinational team and English is our working language.
- Proficient in the most popular computer programs.
- Ability to work independently, be a self–starter, energetic.
- Structured and service –minded approach, always focusing on delivering high quality results.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, domestic and international.
- Ability to work with demanding customers and tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete small projects or portions of large projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to thrive in an international and often hectic environment –lives the DNV values.
- Business and customer oriented.
What we offer
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits including:
- Lunch vouchers
- Health Insurance
- Long term health insurance
- Holiday bonus
- Profit share/ bonus bank
- Supplementary pension plan
- Transport allowance
- CET account
- Work council social actions
We conduct pre-employment background screening
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Due Diligence
- Self Motivation
- Financial Modeling
- Market Trend