Be a part of something powerful at America's leading energy provider!
At Exelon, our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are a Fortune 200 company united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities -- Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are empowered to evolve and advance their careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come, stay and grow -- whether that's in the role and path they start in or in new and exciting career opportunities across our business. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, opportunities for career path changes, and health and retirement benefits.
This is a hybrid remote position not a fully remote position, the successful candidate will be required to report to the office at least 1 day a week but could be up to 3 days a week!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Uses business knowledge and technical expertise to support development of information system plans to support business strategies. Partners with IT functional and technical teams and operational personnel to align technology choices. Expected to work under minimal supervision. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (means principal, main, major or most important duties / accountabilities that the employee performs) Item Accountability % 1 Identify appropriate IT solutions and strategies that support business unit strategies and goals. Maintain relationship with business and IT partners to build influence and secure buy-in for governance functions. Plans, coordinates and documents business requirements to drive solutions. 30 2 Maintain and enhance engagement with business, IT partners and other stakeholders. Provide key liaison partnership role between business and IT 15 3 Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community to appropriately plan the introduction of new technologies by utilizing Exelon's standard governance process as outlined in the Management Model. 10 4 Develop and perform end-to-end test plans and test scenarios tied to Business and Functional Requirements. Support User Acceptance Testing. Plan and conduct End User Training as appropriate. 20 5 Monitor and support system operation processes and issues. 15 6 Provide performance input, career development feedback and recognition as required. 5 7 Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function 5
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct Reports = 0
- Indirect MAST = 0
- Indirect Craft = 0
- This position requires interfacing with various levels of personnel in Regional Operations, Distribution Operations, Transmission Operations, Customer Operations, Corporate Security, Communications, Regulatory, Legal and Claims, as well as operational interfaces with governmental agencies, industry associations, municipalities, and other utilities.
- Leads internal and cross company teams responsible for process standardization and reporting. Supports participation in internal/external benchmarking and long term operational planning.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 3 to 5 years' experience in business process, or sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained business analyst professional.
- Broad understanding of utility business processes
- Previous experience in developing requirements, business processes, opportunity assessments and/or technical alternatives.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience with Process and data modeling techniques.
- Acceptance Testing
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- Business Strategies