Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks within the established Product Development Process. These tasks include but are not limited to: strength of material, stress analysis, simple torque, tension, and compression; simple statics and dynamics; material selection, cost estimation and tolerance studies.
- Modifies existing products to meet internal or external customer requirements.
- Creates engineering layouts for fit, form and function.
- Prepares calculations and design packages as required to complete design reviews.
- Prepares, checks and or directs the preparation of detailed drawings and layouts.
- Coordinates the manufacture of prototypes.
- Conducts experimental test programs.
- Analyses test data to determine if the product meets predetermined technical specifications.
- Prepares documentation as required for Engineering files.
- Develops experimental test programs.
- Develops new products and services.
- Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of fundamental design tools such as threaded connections, seals, plated surfaces, heat treating, etc.
- Understands the key limitations and advantages to manufacturing the product in different manners.
- Conducts the analysis of failures and makes recommendations.
- Performs advanced engineering tasks such as fluid dynamics, vibrations and burst and collapse analysis.
- May utilize computer driven engineering software to complete complex analysis.
- Coordinates all activities associated with technical developments, scheduling, budgeting, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Assists others with all engineering activities to include working within the Product Development Process.
- Anticipates possible failure modes on products and recommends solutions based on experience.
- Performs comprehensive analysis of critical components to eliminate possible failure modes.
- Routinely demonstrates the ability to converge on a solution in a commercially viable amount of time in the absence of extensive guidance.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by senior management within the physical constraints of the job.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least ten years of experience as a professional engineer or equivalent graduate level education.
- Independent engineer capable of pursuing the necessary information needed to make a decision and making the decision, even when the information collected is less than complete.
- Microsoft office suite
- Proven technical problem solving ability.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills and a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Pro-E, FEA/CFD
- At least eight years of oil field experience
- Willing and able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Willing to travel internationally to support product development testing or Product Line Engineering efforts.
- Willing to share skills and knowledge with others
- Capable of communicatione directly with others to include subject matter experts inside and outside of the Weatherford about the performance of products in
- Engineering Design Process
- Financial Management
- Fluid Dynamics