The position requires a person who cares about employee safety, has a professional approach and good communication skills. Can analyze trends, review, and update safety policies, perform construction job site inspections, manage a team, and keep the Division in compliance with corporate safety objectives, as well as State and Federal law.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain, update, and adopt changes to the current Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), to be in keeping with regulatory requirements and the improvement of safe work practices and efficiencies as directed.
- Develop a Mitsubishi Electric Field Employees Safety Handbook that will serve as a work practices guide.
- Defend or prepare to defend regarding OHSA Citations.
- Represent the company in meeting with general contractors and building management personnel concerning job site safety issues.
- Travel across the USA to visit job sites and train personal in various cities.
- Occasional travel overseas to attend conferences.
- Manage a team of Safety Professionals and develop their careers for advancement.
- Analyze workplace hazards and safety associated risk and efficiencies to implement updates or improvements to mitigate risk of injuries to workers or others associated with our elevator/escalator installation, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Update and maintain record keeping and remain updated on governing regulations pertaining to compliance matters.
- Conduct safety inspections on rough construction jobs sites, finished building elevator machine rooms, elevator pits, and attend various safety meetings internally and externally.
- Investigate any incident, accident or near miss situations on construction job sites as well as finished buildings and report the findings and recommendations.
- Create training materials and provide training for employees in work safety practices and the understanding of the IIPP and Field Employees Handbook.
- Provide and maintain trend analysis and reports including recommendations regarding safety activities and efficiencies.
- Issue Safety Bulletins, guidelines, and safety newsletters to mandate, inform, or educate employees.
- Provide support to the various departments that need guidance with safety compliance or documentation.
- Represent Mitsubishi Electric on NEII and IEUC Safety Committees.
- Work out of our Cypress CA, Headquarters Offices
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Learn Elevator/Escalator installation methods and operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Safety enforcement experience in a construction environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible approach required to perform varying types of assignments in an office or construction environment.
- Effective communicator orientated to detail and works cooperatively with others in a group or independently.
- Ability to move across and through rough construction job sites (e.g., traversing up or down high curbs, across lengthy gaps in flooring, and up and down parking ramps).
- Ability to ascend/descend a vertical ladder of at least 10 feet.
- Certified Safety Professional
- Diseases And Disorders
- Microsoft Excel