This is a key position supporting Finance team on the Accounts Payable side.
The AP Senior Specialist will be responsible of & oversee the AP accounting activities for Emerson European locations, following Standard Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Performs and supervise routine accounts payable tasks in a timely manner including gathering information, verifying accuracy, inputting/ processing vendor invoices (PO and non-PO) and travel & expense reports
- Identifies disputes related to the invoices (quantity/pricing concerns, etc.) and is responsible of following up & resolving with the relevant department
- Will provide support, as required, to the various accounts payable activities in all European locations
- Liaise with vendors/suppliers, business units and respond to queries
- Provides data needed for reporting/ prepares reports & analysis
- Analyzes vendor accounts, prepares and sends account statements when required and resolve discrepancies
- Sends balance confirmation to intercompany vendors; Reconciles intercompany SOA vs ledger
- Provides supporting documentation for internal/external audits
- Acts as subject matter expert for the team, assists colleagues in answering general queries
- Provides support in month end closing routines
Pursue continuous improvements (identifies opportunities and drives implementation)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous experience of 5 years in accounting in a multinational company
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- PC experience (Microsoft Office); Experience working with an ERP system would be an advantage
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.