We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Reports to: Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Location: Port Arthur, TX
The Process Engineering II is responsible for ensuring all technical aspects, developing and implementing engineered solutions, and instituting technical monitoring procedures for assigned account(s). The overall focus should be on technically analyzing current applications, making recommendations for improvement, Identifying and delivering value, to exceed customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely perform job responsibilities, including the operation/maintenance of the company provided vehicle and compliance with all Athlon and customer site-specific safety policies.
- Perform technical audits of current and potential applications.
- Analyze customer laboratory data and report findings with corrective actions and recommendations.
- Generate and document value improvement in the form of operational savings, chemical savings and cost avoidance. Present all findings, recommendations and corrective actions to the customer in clear, customer financial terms.
- Manage projects from conception to implementation.
- Conduct engineering heat exchanger performance monitoring on all cooling water systems at customer site, analyze data and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead detailed technical meetings with customer involving refinery operation and optimization projects.
- Focus on customer retention and improving customer relationships through effective business calls and entertainment at all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Generate value to the customer through business consulting to customer’s key management by developing a thorough understanding of customer’s business, strategy and operational issues.
- Assist the technical group by providing ongoing information regarding customer trends, issues and requests related to products and their application.
- Contribute to the territory’s team development by mentoring field and technical representatives.
- Complete required Athlon Solutions training and documentation on time.
- Bachelor’s degree Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant water treatment or utilities experience.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products- Excel, Pi, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) background check.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Process Engineer II, Sr, Process Engineer up to a Principal Process Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Port Arthur, Texas
Requisition Number: 103596
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
- Heat Exchanger
- Water Treatment
- Team Building
- Water Cooling