Summary – Job Responsibilities – Activities:
The successful candidate will work as part of an equipment engineering group maintaining and upgrading HTS production equipment used in the manufacturing of superconducting products. The types of equipment are as follows: in-line furnaces, PVD thin film deposition equipment, gas control and handling equipment, wire or tape transfer equipment and material cleaning equipment. Knowledge of vacuum systems and related vacuum components is required.
- The position requires a strong background and experience in troubleshooting and maintaining electromechanical systems with strengths in various vacuum pumping system, component wiring, and a wide range of vacuum sensors.
- Knowledge of machine assembly, vacuum, component level troubleshooting and wiring required.
- Day to day activities of this position include preventive maintenance, unplanned maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment issues.
- Long term projects include equipment upgrades and implementation of TQM on the manufacturing floor.
Education – Experience:
- AS degree in Electronics and/or 10 – 15 years of demonstrated relevant manufacturing experience.
- Strong knowledge of vacuum roughing pumps, blowers, turbo pumps, cryogenic vacuum pumps and vacuum sensors used in manufacturing and production equipment is a must
- Industrial experience in the following areas: Metal forming, heat treat, wire or tape transfer and coating equipment.
- Must have experience in procuring, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience in troubleshooting PVD Equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with Quality control systems including TPM.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Strong understanding of quality improvement techniques applied in a production / manufacturing environment.
- Self-starter and independent working attributes are essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office software, including Excel, Word and MS Project.
- Must be a team player!
- Proficient at vacuum leak checking
- Continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Pfeiffer and Telemark vacuum pumps is a plus.
AMSC is an EEO M/F/D/V
Production Equipment Controls